Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Crawford: Yuriorkis Gamboa is Still The Toughest Fight I've Had

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gamboa is a beast no surprise, the people talking about "Size" are the same dumb fuks who thought Postol was gong to beat Crawford because of size

Sucks that Gamboa is stuck in a **** contract with 50 Cent, hopefully he can clear that up so he can get active he is 34 and he basically wasted away PRIME YEARS

Comment

Originally posted by JQside View Post
      Stupid comparison. Come on.

This is like Bradley vs Provodnikov in which Bradley was seen disrespecting and underestimating Provo and thus he was too proud to run. Did you see Bradley do the same when he fought Marquez? Come on.
      So are you comparing the highly skilled Gamboa to the siberian rocky. When we heard Gamboa vs Crawford were fighting each other, it was a toss up to who was going to win lets be honest. We knew if Bradley boxed Prov he was winning that fight. Its hilarious to me that Gamboa cant damage Crawford that means he is small, Postol cant damage Crawford he just doesnt have the power. Its just not possible for Crawford to have a good chin...lol

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
        Gamboa is a beast no surprise, the people talking about "Size" are the same dumb fuks who thought Postol was gong to beat Crawford because of size

Sucks that Gamboa is stuck in a **** contract with 50 Cent, hopefully he can clear that up so he can get active he is 34 and he basically wasted away PRIME YEARS
        Yeah he need to be more active he is wasting all that talent. I know he moved down after that Crawford fight but I still think he beats most fighters at 135. I'd like to see him fight Barthelemy or Robert Easter Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
          nice a midget 2 weight classes below you.
          And one of the most talented fighters of the last decade. People keep discrediting that win as if Gamboa is some scrub. If not for poor management and decisions on Gamboa's part he could possibly be considered an ATG by now. TR was keeping him from Juanma and he would have smoked him. Garcia was terrified of him because he would have been smoked too.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
            Clearly.

Gamboa was the better fighter, he was just entirely too small. He was outboxing Crawford with ease (4-1), but weight classes exist for a reason and the size difference changed the fight.

Gamboa was a 126lb fighter up at 135 and Crawford is a big 140lb fighter who drained to 135.
            He was too small and Crawford started finding his range after the early rounds, which he has done for many fights now. He is Mayweather esque in that sense.

Comment

50 needs to get shot one final time for ruining Gamboa's career.

Comment

Originally posted by kelechi12 View Post
                Breh Crawford made adjustments.....stop trying to take away from his victories. He made adjustments like he always does after 3-4 rounds. They both made weight so I dont want to hear that "he is too small" bs. If Gamboa knocked him out we wouldnt be hearing this.
                Khan and Canelo both made weight, Golovkin and Brook will both make weight....there is still clearly a smaller guy.

That was Gamboa after a long layoff, without an actual trainer and 2 divisions above where he belongs, he was still the more talented fighter by a distance. The fight changed when he got buzzed by the bigger man and clearly slowed down.

Crawford is a very good fighter, being real about that fight is not taking anything away from him. The only real concern I had about Crawford in that fight was seeing him get badly rocked in the last round despite Gamboa being small and tired.
                Last edited by gmc_rfc_06; 07-24-2016, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post

Nah, I picked Crawford to beat Postol with ease.

Much better fighter and they were the same size (not in height, obviously). Postol has shown to be a good text-book fighter, but that's not enough against genuine top guys.

Gamboa's prime is gone and his career as a whole might be gone. Between bad promotional decisions, inactivity, jumping weight and refusing to hire an actual trainer, It's been the biggest waste of talent I can ever recall.

Comment

So are you comparing the highly skilled Gamboa to the siberian rocky. When we heard Gamboa vs Crawford were fighting each other, it was a toss up to who was going to win lets be honest. We knew if Bradley boxed Prov he was winning that fight. Its hilarious to me that Gamboa cant damage Crawford that means he is small, Postol cant damage Crawford he just doesnt have the power. Its just not possible for Crawford to have a good chin...lol
                    Crawford was too proud to run against a small blown up Gamboa. Just like Bradley would never treat Provo like he's fighting Marquez. Triangle theories are not to be taken seriously in boxing. They're for casuals. How can he say Gamboa is better when he's running in the Postol fight?

Comment

Yeah he need to be more active he is wasting all that talent. I know he moved down after that Crawford fight but I still think he beats most fighters at 135. I'd like to see him fight Barthelemy or Robert Easter Jr.
                      He's looked bad every time at 135. Starts out well but by halfway he's out of ideas. Iirc even featherfisted Hylon Williams was chasing him around late in the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X