Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people still defending Kovalev's racist comments?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He'll get beat by a few negros in due time....let him say whatever he wants....dude is grown and if a man his age feels comfortable using certain words then that's on him....it's not about the language or political correctness, it's about respect or the lack of.....Mr. Kovalev don't know how to handle the attention....a respectable negro gonna teach him though!!!

Comment

the direct translation is:

the n word is very offensive, and there are lots of black people in florida, and we are all in the same group, and I grew up calling them that, and did not mean to offend anyone.

^^thats pure translation - undisputable

now you race bait morons can go take 5...

Comment

Originally posted by niceyboo3 View Post
        This is just naive or very cute. Lol, racist people work with or under people of different races all the time. People should cut Kovalev some slack though, everyone's a little racist. EVERYONE!!!!!
        I disagree. Maybe in a office environment or something.... Personally I just can't see a racist man who is a professional boxer, get trained by a man of the same race he's racist against... Spending all that time together, when said fighter can go to any other gym and find a "white" gym trainer . That's just me, though

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
          I disagree. Maybe in a office environment or something.... Personally I just can't see a racist man who is a professional boxer, get trained by a man of the same race he's racist against... Spending all that time together, when said fighter can go to any other gym and find a "white" gym trainer . That's just me, though
          Jackson works for him. He serves a purpose. It's not a personal relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by takingaim View Post
            The wolf? Or the white guy KO'ing a non-black Moroccan guy? Which one?
            That wolf shouldn't be allow on here lol....

Comment

How come posters that dont know kovalev know his intentions were good here but the same posters who dont know broner, for example, know his intentions are always bad when he speaks?

Comment

He may not be a racist but he's definitely unprofessional as a boxer. Anyone who stands over his opponent and taunts them after a KO, not knowing if he's seriously hurt is not a nice guy. I could name plenty of boxers if they did the same thing would set off 100 pages of hate. I know he's the flavor of the month but lets not be hypocritical of his antics in the ring.
                Last edited by HarvardBlue; 01-04-2014, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Kovalev is a boxer, not the mayor of Detroit. His words have no impact on Black people collectively. No need for outrage and his words even spark healthy conversation, even if they bring out the closet racists with their twisted logic. I actually read someone post, "well isn't what he's saying true?" No, that's called a sterotype. Unless you've counted the thousands of black fighters in this world and can verify that most of them "talk too much" (whatever that means) then you have little basis. Maybe the ones who talk too much are the only ones that get heard.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
                    He'll get beat by a few negros in due time....let him say whatever he wants....dude is grown and if a man his age feels comfortable using certain words then that's on him....it's not about the language or political correctness, it's about respect or the lack of.....Mr. Kovalev don't know how to handle the attention....a respectable negro gonna teach him though!!!
                    lol, I don't know what he has said, he doesn't speak English and all we're getting is a bunch of Russian translations.

Having watched a few of his fights, I actually think this guy is better than Golovkin.

Comment

I don't like Kovalev, but if we're talking about only the word 'negro' then that is not racist.

Much like the Luis Suarez situation where people were focusing on the same word, that is purely a word used in many countries for black. It is not the same as using the N word which holds the negatives.

Comment

Working...
                      X