Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Ring Mag: Vlad Loses To Holmes, Tyson, Liston. Really?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
    They have buddy mcgirt and some others giving reasons why Holmes,Tyson,and Liston beat him but I disagree. I do think young prime tyson mercs vlad, i believe holmes can certainly beat him but i would give vlad good odds against holmes but, Liston. I just cant see how liston beats vlad. dont get m,e wrong he could do it but id strongly favor vlad over liston any day. Thoughts?
    i cant remember the last time wlad won a fantasy fight. prime tyson, holmes beats wlad but i think he can beat liston

Comment

• Originally posted by Grinderman View Post
      You want the facts about Liston and the mob, read The Devil and Sonny Liston, written by a guy who loves Liston, I might add.

As years passed, the more I learned of boxing, and the more fighters I saw fight, the more I knew that there was no other fighter like Sonny Liston. There never had been, and there never would be. And the more I lived and learned of other things, the more I began to feel that the secret history of Sonny Liston would reveal one of the greatest Mob tales ever told, a tale that ended in a murder mystery whose solution seemed to be lost forever, as gone as that night when Sonny's dead man's eyes went dead for good. I did not know that it would also reveal the forces of another, unexplored darkness, an underworld unto itself. And I did not know, above all, that it would reveal a soul that, even amid the darkness in which it dwelt, eluded all concepts of good and evil, of right and wrong, of light and dark themselves.

(C) 2000 Nick Tosches All rights reserved. ISBN: 0-316-89775-2
      He was connected with the mob, as were many fighters in those days, not that the mob fixed fights for him.

Comment

how is it wrong to think vlad beats liston? i dont get it.
        If you think Mike Tyson would beat Wlad easily then why do you find it do hard to see Sonny Liston beating him?

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          If you think Mike Tyson would beat Wlad easily then why do you find it do hard to see Sonny Liston beating him?
          it would be a battle of jabs with vlad and liston mike dips low and explodes on the inside while bobing and weavin. tyson fights differently than liston. i think vlad out jabs liston and starts landing rights and kos him. again weather or not ali ko'ing him was legit it left an impact of his chin in my mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
            He was connected with the mob, as were many fighters in those days, [B]not that the mob fixed fights for him.
            Sure they didn't -- the mob are real nice guys.

Comment

How do you know that the current crop of shady promoters aren't fixing fights today? After all, they're "real nice guys" :jerk0ff9:

Poet

Comment

• Tyson? Please! He had major problems with Tucker, the tallest man he ever fought. And Wlad is even taller than TNT. Plus he's also a better boxer. Holmes? Pha! No way, Holmes was a JABBER and Wlad's jab is universally recognized, plus his size would neutralize Holmes jab. Holmes had no power to stop Wlad, unless he happened to trap him in a corner and landed 20 punches like he did on Marvis Frazier. But I don't see that happening. Liston as I said previously COULD beat Wlad and I give him the best odds out of all other hw's, except for Louis maybe. But if Wlad connected with a big punch, he'd be in big trouble.

Comment

They wouldn't risk obvious fixed fights, not after the backlash that they got after the LaMotta-Fox debacle. Liston was not a money-making but a fighting machine, and they knew he could beat anyone they put in front of him, the problem was getting people to fight Liston.

Comment

it would be a battle of jabs with vlad and liston mike dips low and explodes on the inside while bobing and weavin. tyson fights differently than liston. i think vlad out jabs liston and starts landing rights and kos him. again weather or not ali ko'ing him was legit it left an impact of his chin in my mind.
                    They don't fight alike.

But Liston is as much as capable of getting to Wlad as Tyson is. If not more.

So I don't understand how you think Tyson would kill him but at the same time find the idea of Liston beating him to be far fetched.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
                      Tyson? Please! He had major problems with Tucker, the tallest man he ever fought. And Wlad is even taller than TNT. Plus he's also a better boxer. Holmes? Pha! No way, Holmes was a JABBER and Wlad's jab is universally recognized, plus his size would neutralize Holmes jab. Holmes had no power to stop Wlad, unless he happened to trap him in a corner and landed 20 punches like he did on Marvis Frazier. But I don't see that happening. Liston as I said previously COULD beat Wlad and I give him the best odds out of all other hw's, except for Louis maybe. But if Wlad connected with a big punch, he'd be in big trouble.
                      Pastrano logic at work: Wlad wins cuz he's big and white :jerk0ff9:

Poet

Comment

Working...
                      X