No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abner Mares Targets Ponce De Leon vs. Velez Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jjosue7 View Post
    Mexicans get gift descions also ****** remember de la hoya in his prime remember chavez against whitaker and other fighters. and if juanma ko ponce de leon velez will have a field day with him learn about boxing
    Whitaker? He should have lost vs Chávez, idiot. Jabbing, hugging, and running like a coward does not make you a winner.

Comment

hoping he'll succeed in fw division...take his time until he meets the flash...

Comment

He's gonna get brutalized by De Leon. And if Velez beats De Leon, Mares better start preparing his death bed.

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
          De Leon would knock Mares the **** out!! Style wise Mares is all made up for Ponce. Featherfisted pressure fighter with half-decent defense and a willingness to trade.

De Leon sparks him out Escalante style!!!
          Mares is really not featherfisted, his power hovers around 60% problem is he doesnt know know how to finish them.

In truth I would like to see Vazquez Jr. vs Mares.

Comment

Big props to Mares for having the desired to fight the best at 126, hats off to him....that he can beat/win thats another thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
              People shouldn't sleep on Velez. Dude has some speedy hands. Saw some vids on him a while back and I was impressed.
              Which one? Him struggling against Beranza? Fighting a non skill like Sanchez, anyone can look good. And other youtube videos I seen of him, he is nothing special.

I dont understand why Mares wants to move up. He can fight and dominate at 122 and a fight in the future against the likes of Santa Cruz have a chance to be a Vazquez/Marquez type of trilogy.

Comment

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post
                Which one? Him struggling against Beranza? Fighting a non skill like Sanchez, anyone can look good. And other youtube videos I seen of him, he is nothing special.

I dont understand why Mares wants to move up. He can fight and dominate at 122 and a fight in the future against the likes of Santa Cruz have a chance to be a Vazquez/Marquez type of trilogy.
                This.

He is young, and should just try and dominate 122 for a while.

Comment

mares should at least beat someone ranked at 122 before heading to 126...why not defend against terrazas? all he did at 122 was beat morel and moreno both of whom weren't ranked in the division. what's the rush?

Comment

Originally posted by jtcs1981 View Post

"Terremoto" is a good excuse to move up to 126...as in trying to avoid him.....

Comment

Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post
                      Mares is really not featherfisted, his power hovers around 60% problem is he doesnt know know how to finish them.

In truth I would like to see Vazquez Jr. vs Mares.

I agree.....

Comment

Working...
                      X