No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner v Ricky Burns - Objectively break down this fight for me please

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    I think people are underestimating Ricky Burns. Most have barely seen him fight and that's probably the reason why.

I think Burns is going to be competitive with Broner. I don't see him winning, but I see him giving him problems.

He's big, strong, has a job solid jab and fundamentals and has a solid defense to. Along with a good chin.

I think Burn will actually give him problems boxing from the outside. I'd like to see how Broner handles it.

Broner has the speed and power advantage, he's better in most area's. He's slicker, more skilled. And I think he would win on points, but in a closer fight than people are expecting.

This is exactly how I see it, excellent post mate

Comment

Mismatch .... Would rather see burns martinez 2.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Looking at this subjectively, I still believe it's almost a 50/50 fight. Broner has a solid shoulder roll defense but it's not his best asset. Defensively he isn't even world class, he still gets caught, I'd give his defense a C+. It's nowhere near as good as Floyd. Broner's biggest advantage is his handspeed combined with power. His same time countering can be very fast at times and with his feet planted, he hits the other guy hard. Connecting often + connecting with power = damage to your opponent.

Burns isn't as good as Broner defensively but has improved over the years. His footwork is better than Broner's slow, plodding movements. Burns defense is probably a C-. What Burns has developed over the years and was seen in his performances against the likes of Martinez and Mitchell is his ability to take a good shot and respond with counter combos of 2-3 punches. Burns also has one hell of an engine and he'll be with Broner every step of the way.

If I really had to pick a winner, gun to head, I'd give a slight edge to the physically stronger Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
          Looking at this subjectively, I still believe it's almost a 50/50 fight. Broner has a solid shoulder roll defense but it's not his best asset. Defensively he isn't even world class, he still gets caught, I'd give his defense a C+. It's nowhere near as good as Floyd. Broner's biggest advantage is his handspeed combined with power. His same time countering can be very fast at times and with his feet planted, he hits the other guy hard. Connecting often + connecting with power = damage to your opponent.

Burns isn't as good as Broner defensively but has improved over the years. His footwork is better than Broner's slow, plodding movements. Burns defense is probably a C-. What Burns has developed over the years and was seen in his performances against the likes of Martinez and Mitchell is his ability to take a good shot and respond with counter combos of 2-3 punches. Burns also has one hell of an engine and he'll be with Broner every step of the way.

If I really had to pick a winner, gun to head, I'd give a slight edge to the physically stronger Broner.

Great post pal, I think Ricky is easily better than anyone Broner has faced, and obviously vice versa. At the moment, I make it 55-45 in Broner's favour

Comment

Burns can't hurt Broner, can't outspeed him. he can run, but he can't hide. the insistence of Broner's steady pursuit of Burns and the quickness of his hands will see to that. Broner will walk Burns down, shrug off any punches he doesn't evade or catch on his gloves, and he'll break him up with big, fast shots to head and body. Burns is getting beaten up and stopped in this fight.
            Last edited by S. Saddler 1310; 02-04-2013, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              Okay serious answer...

He will just win Y'kno cuz he is A.B all day, every day ya'll. But yeah man a techicool breakdown wood be like A.B 2k13 wins cuz he just stands still and lets guys hit his shoulder until they gas n den hits him with right hooks to de body b4 goin upstares n finishin em good n propa! init bludclaart! can a have a r-r-rewind?

n dat gavin rees is like totally a top p4p assassin who as bin killin de british seen man but he got **** for our A.B y'dig?
              What the hell are you trying to say?

Comment

Ricky will look to spoil a lot in this fight, it's the only way he survives to the final bell. he should still get hit too much, though. Broner won't swarm him and allow himself to be held constantly like Katsidis, he'll get just close enough to rip big single shots that Ricky's reflexes aren't good enough to avoid. as the fight progresses, you'll see him combine punches more. Burns can not live with this kid.

Comment

Originally posted by DanboSmitty View Post
                  What the hell are you trying to say?
                  An epic fail of trying to make fun of "Broner fans" .

Comment

Ricky burns is an average fighter, Broner will stop him

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                      Okay serious answer...

He will just win Y'kno cuz he is A.B all day, every day ya'll. But yeah man a techicool breakdown wood be like A.B 2k13 wins cuz he just stands still and lets guys hit his shoulder until they gas n den hits him with right hooks to de body b4 goin upstares n finishin em good n propa! init bludclaart! can a have a r-r-rewind?

n dat gavin rees is like totally a top p4p assassin who as bin killin de british seen man but he got **** for our A.B y'dig?
                      in laymans terms....

Broner by brutal ko, too slick, too black

Comment

Working...
                      X