Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Coach: Danny Jacobs No Longer Calls For GGG Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
    What's wrong with these American fighters now ...they seem to have the famous ducking virus and it's becoming an epidemic from East to West coast .....need some anti venom sent over from the UK I reckon ....man up and fight
    Plunger, while you are it.. Can you talk to Saunders & ask him how much does he need to fight Golovkin? He recons $1.5mil isn't enough but what magic number does he need to make the fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      He announced in Feb that he would be fighting in the summer. They haven't been able to get an opponent. They wanted Lee. That was announced back in Feb.
      I was/am a fan of Irish Andy Lee but the man should retire. His punch resistance and inability to let his hands go are major signs of a shot fighter. Anyways its also a step backwards for Jacobs. But dont get me wrong, I dont think Jacobs should jump into a fight with GGG after a layoff and a first rd KO. A tune-up against a puncher would be good, that guy Ievgen Khytrov (NABF Champ & undefeated) would be perfect & he fights out of NY too! In other words Id rather see Jacobs fight someone with a pulse thatll prepare him for GGG not Mora or Lee but knowing PBC thats what we will get.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
        Jacobs is fighting in July. While GGG is fighting in Sept. No way can you be ready for a fight in less than 2 months.

Why does Sanchez always call out fighters when they're about to fight someone else??? He does that all the time and never calls anyone out when his guys is in training though? Always says will discuss that afterwards. Dude is annoying. As fk.
        If the Canelo negotiations fail, the WBA will order the fight, and I doubt GGG will fight in September. I think he would gladly wait until October/November for Jacobs. However, I don't know if Jacobs is ready mentally. I've heard him speak about GGG, and he seems "shook!" I like Jacobs, but he's too 2016 Brooklyn, and he needs to be more 1986 Brooklyn. He should be all on the networks and social media (like Lara) letting it be known that if there's no Canelo fight, he would gladly accept the challenge to fight GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Trudoe the.. View Post
          From the times he's been asked about GGG in interviews, Ive never gotten the "I want to fight Golovkin" vibe from him either. I don't think Jacobs is in a rush to get in the ring with him.
          That's what I was thinking when I read the article. When did Jacobs ever call out Golovkin? All I remember was him saying he wasn't ready for GGG yet, and that he needed more fights under his belt.

Comment

So no one in the media bothered to asked him about Lara.

And we are flooded with Lara articles in this forum.

Is this a joke or what?

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              To me, it's pretty clear what's going on with Danny Jacobs regarding GGG.

He knows he's going to have to fight him eventually, and he wants to fight him ... eventually.

But he knows the longer he can put off doing it, the more money he is going to get when it happens. I think he also knows that he isn't going to beat Golovkin, which is why he needs to make the most of what will probably be the only chance he will ever get to make himself some real life changing money.
              It's not that these fights need to marinate. It's that all these guys need fights against people not named GGG because afterward they aren't fit make money for a year of so, if ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by JQside View Post
                So no one in the media bothered to asked him about Lara.

And we are flooded with Lara articles in this forum.

Is this a joke or what?
                Yeah, they are watching boxing scene because of all the educated whiners who have learned how to say GGG is ducking when their guy doesn't want to fight him... they have tremendous influence in the boxing world.
                Last edited by Swatty; 05-31-2016, 11:26 AM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
                  Team g string are pure geniuses, they got this guy making a million dollars plus per fight and half on NSB believing that he is a P4P ATG fighter WITHOUT ever facing even one quality opponent. Terrific job!
                  Just the facts: all these chumps are shook of lil g.

Comment

Originally posted by twosweethooks View Post
                    Not long ago May jr made statements of never backing down from a challenge.

Everyone one now is in the chicken yard , jr is the main chicken then you got Ward who goes up in weight, Jacobs and a host of chickens and they are all afraid of the big bad wolf
                    That is pretty much it.

Comment

Originally posted by Swatty View Post
                      Yeah, they are watching boxing scene because of all the educated whiners who have learned how to say GGG is ducking when their guy doesn't want to fight him... they have tremendous influence in the boxing world.
                      You don't know how powerful the media is. These guys just don't know how to use their power. They can practically make fights happen if they want to.

In this case, they're flooding us with one-sided articles about Lara. Nothing from the GG camp. Nothing. It's supposed to be a back and forth situation. It's only forth and no back.

Comment

Working...
                      X