Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 most violent countries list - CNN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The top 5 aren't a shock at all. The routinely rank highly on these annual lists. It's pretty much the only thing they have going for them aside from the drug trade and the high homicide rates are obviously a byproduct of that.

Surprised at Jamaica being #6, though. Probably revealing my inner 'Murrican here, but having a few friends who live there who've described it as an island paradise, I always kinda figured they just smoked weed, went swimming, and had lots of sex. My suspicions were later confirmed by said friends but apparently they just live in better areas.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
      The top 5 aren't a shock at all. The routinely rank highly on these annual lists. It's pretty much the only thing they have going for them aside from the drug trade and the high homicide rates are obviously a byproduct of that.

Surprised at Jamaica being #6, though. Probably revealing my inner 'Murrican here, but having a few friends who live there who've described it as an island paradise, I always kinda figured they just smoked weed, went swimming, and had lots of sex. My suspicions were later confirmed by said friends but apparently they just live in better areas.
      The resort areas are of course very safe, and nothing short of paradise. Been there for a wedding once. But away from the resort areas -- it's pretty crime ridden. They have a very high drug trade as well. And Kingston is as dangerous as any big city in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        The resort areas are of course very safe, and nothing short of paradise. Been there for a wedding once. But away from the resort areas -- it's pretty crime ridden. They have a very high drug trade as well. And Kingston is as dangerous as any big city in the world.
        That's the thing - One of my friends lives in Kingston. Never once has he mentioned rampant murder or a violent drug trade. He basically just smokes weed, listens to Bob Marley, eats jerk chicken, and chases poon.

Plot twist : I find out next week that my friend has become a drug lord and that's the reason why he's living it up in Kingston.

Comment

Originally posted by ßringer View Post
          That's the thing - One of my friends lives in Kingston. Never once has he mentioned rampant murder or a violent drug trade. He basically just smokes weed, listens to Bob Marley, eats jerk chicken, and chases poon.

Plot twist : I find out next week that my friend has become a drug lord and that's the reason why he's living it up in Kingston.
          Oh ****, seriously? Maybe it's just exaggerated. I mean I'm sure it's dangerous like any other big city, but otherwise not bad. But the things I've read and heard about Kingston -- they make it seem extremely rough around the edges. Also that show Drugs Inc. (lol) on Nat Geo...they did one on Kingston and made it appear like a war zone filled with drug gangs.

But anyway, dude, you should visit since you got a friend down there! It would be a cool ass experience

Comment

I live in South Florida. There are a lot of Jamaicans here. Some of my co-workers have mentioned there are many parts of Jamaica that are really unsafe. However the tourist areas are very safe.

Comment

no muslims?

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                Here ya go, brah. First link that came up. I thought it was over the course of a day but I was mistaken -- actually it was four days of fighting so I was way off on that. But the death toll was about right.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/05...ord-439640922/

The ultimately caught the dude (he was dressed like an old lady when they caught him, lmao).
                Damn, that shyit is straight gangsta! 73 people dead and he still escaped. It took them less than one hour to kill Escobar and only he and his bodyguard were killed.

Comment

Originally posted by fight_professor View Post
                  Measured as intentional homicides per 100,000 population.

COUNTRIES

Honduras: 90.4 (per 100,000)
                  Venezuela: 53.7
                  Belize: 44.7
                  El Salvador: 41.2
                  Guatemala: 39.9
                  Jamaica: 39.3
                  Swaziland: 33.8
                  Saint Kitts and Nevis: 33.6
                  South Africa: 31.0
                  Colombia: 30.8

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/04/10/wo...-murder-rates/

Never knew Venezuela was that violent. It's been high on recent lists but #2 is crazy.

The violent cities list correlates somewhat, but not exactly.

Honduras's stat is mind boggling.
                  Mexico didn't make the list but according to takingaim it's going through a full fledged civil war.....LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                    Mexico didn't make the list but according to takingaim it's going through a full fledged civil war.....LOL

lol, did he really say that?

i've never seen such a pathetic 15 year old. usually, to reach truly pathetic heights, you've got to at least be a grown man.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      lol, did he really say that?

i've never seen such a pathetic 15 year old. usually, to reach truly pathetic heights, you've got to at least be a grown man.
                      Yea he said Mexico is in an official state of civil war...

Better not book that trip to Acapulco now.

Comment

Working...
                      X