Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P4P, who's the most feared fighter of their time: Kovalev, Liston or Foreman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P4P, who's the most feared fighter of their time: Kovalev, Liston or Foreman?

All 3 of these guys is/were literally "killers" in the ring.

In preparation of their fights, who probably invokes the most fear in their opponent leaving their opponents fan base to literally fear for his life?

Poll is added.
    Foreman
    60.87%
    Kovalev
    13.04%
    Liston
    26.09%

The poll is expired.

Foreman after he literally lifted Frazier off the ground. That guy was scary in his prime.

Comment

Foreman destroyed Liston and Norton in no time. He was terrifying.

Kovalev is pretty close, and I'm sure might even be more feared if the boxing media was asking the kinds of questions that would illuminate how he really thinks about things. We got a glimpse of that and Kellerman was too shook to dig deeper.

Comment

Bute no one wanted to fight the guy other then paper atg froch

Comment

I beg your pardon?

Comment

too early to tell on current boxers i think. at this time i find GGG is being more ducked then Kovalev... but Kovalev just looks scarier

Comment

Kovalev is not in Liston's or Foreman's class in this regard. He just isn't...

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                Foreman destroyed Liston and Norton in no time. He was terrifying.

Kovalev is pretty close, and I'm sure might even be more feared if the boxing media was asking the kinds of questions that would illuminate how he really thinks about things. We got a glimpse of that and Kellerman was too shook to dig deeper.
                Foreman never fought Liston, I am pretty sure they were sparring partners.
                Liston was the OG, he did the first stare downs (pretty sure), Foreman wanted to be like Liston.

Sonny was knocking guys out with a jab, the Ali fights make people look down on Liston, but Sonny might have thrown both fights, even if he lost fair and square, most say Ali was the best, well Ali was prime and Liston was old.

Liston is my vote, Foreman close 2nd, I like Kov, but he ain't those great fighters, Liston and Foreman as fighters, were 2 of the baddest mf ever to lace up gloves, Kov would have to KO Stevenson and Ward, that would put him among the best ever (at 175)

Why isn't Tyson on the list, he had everyone in fear for 3-5 years, look at Spinks, he looked like he was headed to the electric chair. I seen a thing where Spinks trainer made Mike take off his glove and rewrap, Mike punched threw the wall and almost KO's Spinks, that is why he was scared.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmike2012 View Post
                  Foreman never fought Liston, I am pretty sure they were sparring partners.
                  Liston was the OG, he did the first stare downs (pretty sure), Foreman wanted to be like Liston.

Sonny was knocking guys out with a jab, the Ali fights make people look down on Liston, but Sonny might have thrown both fights, even if he lost fair and square, most say Ali was the best, well Ali was prime and Liston was old.

Liston is my vote, Foreman close 2nd, I like Kov, but he ain't those great fighters, Liston and Foreman as fighters, were 2 of the baddest mf ever to lace up gloves, Kov would have to KO Stevenson and Ward, that would put him among the best ever (at 175)

Why isn't Tyson on the list, he had everyone in fear for 3-5 years, look at Spinks, he looked like he was headed to the electric chair. I seen a thing where Spinks trainer made Mike take off his glove and rewrap, Mike punched threw the wall and almost KO's Spinks, that is why he was scared.
                  Whoops I meant Frazier

And I agree that Tyson at least deserves a place on the poll. Through the mid to late 80s, he was the scariest dude on the planet. Some of his staredowns creeped me out as a kid.
                  Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 03-02-2016, 08:35 PM.

Comment

foreman and why is there no mention of mike tyson? SMH

Comment

Working...
                    X