No announcement yet.

Sergio Is Not Finished, He Just Needs To Recover Properly

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sergio Is Not Finished, He Just Needs To Recover Properly

I've seen everyone write Sergio off as an elite fighter, but knee injuries hobble you for months after the surgery. NBA players take a bit to recover and deal with mobility issues for a bit until regainin' their form. Let's hope that's the case with Sergio.

I think you are right lol. He needs to rest

Comment

I think exactly that's why people think he's finished though. He's gonna need time to rest and he's getting up there in age. By the time he comes back he'll be around 39 years old. Considering the way Sergio depends on his athleticism, will he ever be the same coming back from so many injuries at such an advanced age?

Comment

I'm not that concerned about speed or his footwork becouse he did ok against Murray. He wasn't that effective this time but you know, he is 38! I'm more concerned in his power. After breaking his left hand two times in a row he might never punch as hard again. If he stays as a MW i wouldn't expect more KOs, he might turn in to a boxer who wins rounds from the outside to get UD against bigger guys. At least his last two fights were like that. In case he fights only one time for the next two years i expect big fights. He should move to SW and fight Canelo or Cotto.

Comment

I hope this is the case and he comes back better than ever next year.

Comment

Guys that fight with their hands low dont usually do well nearing 40. He may have a few more fights but those injuries and his age are putting him near the end of his career.

Comment

make the old man some chicken soup maybe that will help him get over what chavez jr did too him.

Its Over Old Man, Chavez Ruined YOU!

Comment

He should get his missing knuckle replaced with a titanium one.

Comment

Murray is a solid, if unspectacular contender at MW
                  Martinez had a right to struggle with him
                  maybe his injury had something to do with it, maybe not
                  Martinez is overrated anyway, and he's getting old
                  he doesn't have time to sit on the shelf at this point

Comment

He's alright. He just needs to fight a 1 dimensional come forward fighter so he can look like a million bucks again.

Comment

Working...
                    X