Collapse
No announcement yet.

how did you get into boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

been watching boxing ever since i was a kid, but actually studying the sweet science while i was stationed in Hawaii. My friend boxed and didn't want to go to the local gym alone, so i went with him, and have been hooked ever since.

Comment

it seems like its a men sports and my father, grandpa watches it when i was a kid and got into it

Comment

In my teens used to go watch Tyson fights in the bars in PR, then joined a gym in late teens and just been a fan. All I watch is boxing and mma when there are no boxing fights on. Don't watch or follow football, basketball or any other sport

Comment

Erik ****in Morales

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Always watched the big fights but I think watching Gatti vs Rueles one night turned me into a true fan of the sport. Great fight

Comment

Through fighters like Benn, Eubank and Hamed.

Loved the showmanship of it all

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

When I was a kid and found out wrestling was fake!

Tyson & Chavez were the fighters to watch back in those days. We didn't have cable so I bought some VHS and it had fighters like Jack Jhonson all the way up to that Tyson vs Douglas fight. I started liking the Tyson and Chaves style of boxing but now my favorite style is the counter punchers. Marquez, Mayweather, Sal Sanchez & Alexis Arguello is what boxing is all about!

Comment

Originally posted by VapeRippa View Post
                  Even though my father regularly bought the big PPVs, I fell in love with boxing when it was booming on my island, due to Tito's rise.

The first PPV I watched in its entirety was Chavez-Camacho. Back in 98 I decided to start boxing but my family persuaded me to stop it as they wanted me to become a doctor.
                  Those are my humble beginnings in the sport. The fanboys of today coupled with the robberies, and the reality of the sport once you practice it stole some of that puppy love, but the "Damn Im still schocked on that brutal KO or outcome" moments always seem to ignite the fire.

Its been a long journey, with ups and downs; joyfulness and disillusionment....but in the end its been all worth it.
                  did you become a doctor?

Comment

Originally posted by DIB420 View Post
                    My dad & his side of the family used to get together to watch the big fights (usually tyson fights) I'd play with my He-Man and watch the fight in the background. He also took me to see the Rocky movies, Rocky 1,2 & 3 we rented, saw rocky 4 and 5 in the theatre. I kind of fell out of it in favor of boxing and got into martial arts and music in the 90s until I returned to my parents hometown and my dad was watching FNFs while i was visiting and I got slightly interested again. Then, the contender came out, and it relaunched my obsession with boxing.

So I guess my boxing history is
                    Rocky, Tyson, contender to fanatic.
                    Kind of like me. When I was 8, my mom and dad took us to watch Rocky 1 at the drive in. From then on that was my favorite movie and I watched all the other Rocky's when they came out. Then when I was 13 I ran across a Tyson fight live on TV. I watched him then and was fascinated. I then saw Tyson vs Frazier live on TV, then later saw Tyson vs Berbick on HBO. I've watched every one of his fights ever since. That got me into boxing.

Comment

I got in to boxing because my father was a class mate of John Conteh. It was his fight against Len Hutchins as an 8 year old I was lucky enough to be there and as a scouser at that time my 2 loves were Liverpool FC and Boxing Because of John Conteh.. Loved the sport never got to far in it, but a great way to keep fit and in shape even in my 40s...

Comment

Working...
                      X