Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How dare people say Joe Louis would have been knocked out by Mike Tyson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just want to use this thread to say (and I've probably said it before) that Louis' short right-cross is the most beautiful punch ever thrown.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
      This does pose an interesting question: in terms of raw impact/physical power, who hit harder? I'd say Louis was the better puncher, but did Tyson have more power?
      Tyson fought with padded 10 ounce gloves and Louis with 6 and 8 ounce gloves stuffed with horsehair, so that has to be taken into account. He also knocked out men on average quite a bit larger than the men Louis beat, which doesn't necessarily mean they're tougher, but it's more logical to think that than vice versa. Plus he was the heavier man throughout his career, which again doesn't mean he punched harder, but considering that extra weight was extremely dense usuable muscle mass, and taking into account Tyson's accuracy, speed, explosiveness and technique, I'd again say it's logical to think that. In lieu of a time machine and a PSI measuring device though, who can say?

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCE O' PROSE View Post
        I just want to use this thread to say (and I've probably said it before) that Louis' short right-cross is the most beautiful punch ever thrown.
        Yeah, it's a nice shot that. His overhand right and uppercuts were peaches too.

Never been that hot on his jab though.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          True, I did once getting PM'ed alot of verbal abuse by one of the Klitschko fans for claiming Jack Dempsey is greater than Vitali Klitshcko.

Then again, I got abuse and called a ***** by a Pacqiauo fan for saying Floyd Mayweather was my favourite active fighter in a thread where I was aruging that Mayweather avoided Antonio Margarito back in 2006.

So I'm not sure which group is more stupid.
          The *******s use to take out red k 'hits' on posters who criticised Pac, it was pretty sad.

Originally posted by poet682006
          Then you've got Pastrano who just nuthugs any and all white fighters in general :chuckle9:

Poet
          He tried to claim that Mayweather Gatti would be a competitive fight if Gatti was prime...

I just red K him everytime it resets, I tried giving you green for that Andre Ward comment but it said I...blah blah you know the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by It's Ovah View Post
            Yeah, it's a nice shot that. His overhand right and uppercuts were peaches too.

Never been that hot on his jab though.
            One of the finest jabs in heavyweight history.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
              I just red K him everytime it resets, I tried giving you green for that Andre Ward comment but it said I...blah blah you know the rest.
              I knew the Ward comment would frost his peaches lol :chuckle9:

Poet

Comment

Two of the best punchers in heavyweight history.

A KO either way is very possible, but to say that one would definitely KO the other is outlandish but what else would one expect from fantasy match ups?

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
                  Two of the best punchers in heavyweight history.

A KO either way is very possible, but to say that one would definitely KO the other is outlandish but what else would one expect from fantasy match ups?
                  Regarding your avatar.....Did you know that Nelson was chronically seasick?

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                    One of the finest jabs in heavyweight history.
                    Based on what?

Comment

Originally posted by It's Ovah View Post
                      Based on what?
                      Boxing historians regarded Louis' jab as the best in Heavywight history until Sonny Liston came along.

Poet

Comment

Working...
                      X