Collapse
No announcement yet.

God, No God, Morals, and Evolution

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyway your claiming that there is a god.... so the burden of proof is on you. It is up to you to prove that there is one. Can you??

Comment

• Originally posted by SiNCiTY_KiD702 View Post
      Anyway your claiming that there is a god.... so the burden of proof is on you. It is up to you to prove that there is one. Can you??

Why should I "prove" anything?

Comment

If they were representatives of god and god did infact exist then why didn't he say wooowww woooww hold the hell up! you are not doing this in my name and misrepresenting me! your fired!...He didn't. Did nothing to stop it, and they did it in his name! So that means he is cruel because he knew these people were doing dirty deeds in his name and just sat back and watched it.
        No, that's not how it works.

Man has free will and will do unto one another what he will. Why would God, who is not of this plain of existance, and who knows that life here is temporary, be concerned with stopping every little skirimish and holocaust that takes place when death is merely a doorway unto real existance?

People want to blame God for every horrible thing that happens. Why? Because man does not want to accept responsibility for his own misdeeds, which, incidentally is a blight upon American life today. No one wants to accept responsibility. "I abuse children because I was abused. I robbed the bank because society won't give me break. I killed him because my mind was warped due to excessive violence on TV, etc".

Men are forever finding excuses for their behavior and passing the buck on to someone else. Why not pass blame along to God? He doesn't speak up to defend himself, afterall.

Free will is just that, the freedom to do bad or do good. If God jumped in everytime someone ****ed up or used his name when they shouldn't have, what would be the point of allowing us to live and make choices at all? We might as well be puppets on a string.

Comment

you might stump uneducated atheist with that but go up to someone who knows their **** and they will look at you funny. Because say god created the big bang, then who created god? Many argue that god is outside of time and space but thats just an excuse. If something cant come from nothing were did god come from?...and if you think we came from apes your ******ed...We share a common ancestor but we never evolved from them. You say why is religion so successful at creating peace and harmony for the good it does it does twice the damage...why is religion so successful at starting wars and instigating ****? The religious are ****ing up are school system saying that evolution is not fact and that it should be removed from schools. In science a theory is more than facts it what binds facts together, and if there is a flaw or bad data you can always go back and fix that data...its a never ending learning process....Religion on the other hand says what it says even if its wrong and if there is a mistake they don't go back and say we ****ed up and fix it. It took the catholic church a long ****ing time to except that the earth revolved around the sun not the sun around the earth. It even says in genesis (1:3-5, 14-19) "Let there be light" God creates light and separates light from darkness, and day from night, on the first day. Yet he didn't make the light producing objects (the sun and the stars) until the fourth day (1:14-19). And how could there be "the evening and the morning" on the first day if there was no sun to mark them? They have never fixed that...and its completely wrong!!! lol
          I do appreciate your point of view. I there is a problem with what I posted and your reply. I didn't refer to a God creating everything my sugestion is an entity or phenomenon. I think the origon of that is beyond our comprehension. No I don't believe we evolved from apes I do believe the great apes are closely related to us, but not directly. I agree with what you mention on that subject. My problem starts here. I never said religon is the sucess. I said nurturing of a spiritual nature. Religon is our doing. A man made organization worshiping what ever we believe to be the creator. Most call it god, Almost all refer it as a being. I am not talking about religon. What I mentioned refers to meditaion, reflection inner peace. Not a book or organization dedicated to the worship of anything.
          The bible. In modern society there are two translations the more popular being the King James version. Which ever version you try to translate the fact is this The bible as the title sujests when you translate the word bible is a groiup of letters Based on the testimony of different men at different times.
          It spaned hundreds of years. Some of it is believed to be coded instructions for Christians to follow for survival "one of my favorits being revelations. ie. the mark of the beast 666 has been explained as a symbol for the Roman Empire". Hebrews using numerical values to relate to words and letters of that time has sugested many of these encodings to warn christians of attacks and to comunicate in various ways. Back to my point. The bible is a man made piece of literature. Also a guide to living peacefully amongst one another. Certain religons have gone a little overboard with what is written given the fact there is no one translation of what that book or collection of letters is saying. No they don't update or correct the errors, to be a part of that religon you must have bling faith. Knowledge is the forbiden fruit.
          What I said and sugest has nothing to to with religon or the bible One can pick all day at the bilbe or defend it. Never to accomplish anything. You either live by it's instructions or don't
          What I am saying is you, science, and philosophy can not and probably never will be able to explain why we are here and what created the universe. One calling it god and appreciating the fact this life was given to him is the whole point. Realizing that we all have to get by and to be kind and have "morals" will make it easier for the survival of our species. Which as science and religon both agree is our sole purpose.

Comment

• because people can say there is a god just like you can say i have a invisible elf that lives under my bed and brings me cookies, but you cant prove there is a god just like u cant prove i have an invisible elf..unless there some evidence, and there is no evidence of a god. If you have no evidence and bring it to a court of law and say but im telling you that person did this, they cant acuse a person of doing something you have no proof off. just like you cant say well god built the universe and he made us....were is the evidence??

Comment

because people can say there is a god just like you can say i have a invisible elf that lives under my bed and brings me cookies, but you cant prove there is a god just like u cant prove i have an invisible elf..unless there some evidence, and there is no evidence of a god. If you have no evidence and bring it to a court of law and say but im telling you that person did this, they cant acuse a person of doing something you have no proof off. just like you cant say well god built the universe and he made us....were is the evidence??
              It is what I believe. I need no "evidence", per say. I have enough in the wonder of life itself for myself....and other "coincidences" which have occured throughout the course of my life.

If you don't want to believe it, that's fine with me. I'm not trying to sell you anything. If you are so intent on selling God's non-existance, then you show proof. But, you can't either.

The science to prove God's existance or non-existance hasn't been developed yet. You know this and I know this. Asking me to prove God exists is the same as asking me to prove that my logic and philosophy are more accurate than your own. Only time can tell on such a thing.

Also, in a court of Law, if I'm not mistaken, one is innocent until proven guilty, no? You are accusing me of spreading lies of some invisible being's existance. So, since I am the accused, I have the presumption of innocence and the burden of proof is in your lap, for I do not accuse you....I merely disagree.

Comment

• Originally posted by kingdosia View Post
                I do appreciate your point of view. I there is a problem with what I posted and your reply. I didn't refer to a God creating everything my sugestion is an entity or phenomenon. I think the origon of that is beyond our comprehension. No I don't believe we evolved from apes I do believe the great apes are closely related to us, but not directly. I agree with what you mention on that subject. My problem starts here. I never said religon is the sucess. I said nurturing of a spiritual nature. Religon is our doing. A man made organization worshiping what ever we believe to be the creator. Most call it god, Almost all refer it as a being. I am not talking about religon. What I mentioned refers to meditaion, reflection inner peace. Not a book or organization dedicated to the worship of anything.
                The bible. In modern society there are two translations the more popular being the King James version. Which ever version you try to translate the fact is this The bible as the title sujests when you translate the word bible is a groiup of letters Based on the testimony of different men at different times.
                It spaned hundreds of years. Some of it is believed to be coded instructions for Christians to follow for survival "one of my favorits being revelations. ie. the mark of the beast 666 has been explained as a symbol for the Roman Empire". Hebrews using numerical values to relate to words and letters of that time has sugested many of these encodings to warn christians of attacks and to comunicate in various ways. Back to my point. The bible is a man made piece of literature. Also a guide to living peacefully amongst one another. Certain religons have gone a little overboard with what is written given the fact there is no one translation of what that book or collection of letters is saying. No they don't update or correct the errors, to be a part of that religon you must have bling faith. Knowledge is the forbiden fruit.
                What I said and sugest has nothing to to with religon or the bible One can pick all day at the bilbe or defend it. Never to accomplish anything. You either live by it's instructions or don't
                What I am saying is you, science, and philosophy can not and probably never will be able to explain why we are here and what created the universe. One calling it god and appreciating the fact this life was given to him is the whole point. Realizing that we all have to get by and to be kind and have "morals" will make it easier for the survival of our species. Which as science and religon both agree is our sole purpose.
                I feel you and where you are coming from!

Comment

because people can say there is a god just like you can say i have a invisible elf that lives under my bed and brings me cookies, but you cant prove there is a god just like u cant prove i have an invisible elf..unless there some evidence, and there is no evidence of a god. If you have no evidence and bring it to a court of law and say but im telling you that person did this, they cant acuse a person of doing something you have no proof off. just like you cant say well god built the universe and he made us....were is the evidence??
                  You are confusing a "God" with Man made laws and values. We are the creator of the word evidence. The whold theory of a God goes beyond the boundaries of your thoughts. Your ego is not letting you think out side of the box. Not letting you see there is a much larger picture than you and what you know. I for one can admit I do not know. But my "evidence" is everything in this life as far as I have seen comes from somthing. What did I come from?

Comment

• Originally posted by K-DOGG View Post
                    It is what I believe. I need no "evidence", per say. I have enough in the wonder of life itself for myself....and other "coincidences" which have occured throughout the course of my life.

If you don't want to believe it, that's fine with me. I'm not trying to sell you anything. If you are so intent on selling God's non-existance, then you show proof. But, you can't either.

The science to prove God's existance or non-existance hasn't been developed yet. You know this and I know this. Asking me to prove God exists is the same as asking me to prove that my logic and philosophy are more accurate than your own. Only time can tell on such a thing.

Also, in a court of Law, if I'm not mistaken, one is innocent until proven guilty, no? You are accusing me of spreading lies of some invisible being's existance. So, since I am the accused, I have the presumption of innocence and the burden of proof is in your lap, for I do not accuse you....I merely disagree.
                    you have a point.. im not trying to sell my beliefs though im just saying why i don't believe in a christian god or religion and why religion is bad for society. you can believe in an supreme being but im arguing about god when its referred to Christianity, Islam, Hinduism etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by kingdosia View Post
                      Beautiful...positvely beautiful. lol!!!

Great post my insightful friend...very nice, indeed.

Comment

Working...
                      X