Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So how much $$ do you think Canelo-GGG generates?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So how much $$ do you think Canelo-GGG generates?

Let's take a guess here and see if a $10 million offer for GGG is fair or not..

Now I'm completely guessing on these numbers of course because nobody can know now what everything will add up to but anyway

Site fee: probably around $15 million.... Jerry jones said he's gonna go after the fight aggressively. Manny-Floyd had a more than $25 million site fee paid in Vegas so I'm guessing $15 is fair here...

Live gate: probably around $10 million.... Khan-Canelo did around 7.5 supposedly and this fight is way more anticipated and the prices for tickets will be a bit higher for good ones anyway...

PPV: $35 million this is where everything could shift one way or the other..I'm gonna say it does 1 million buys...if it doesn't then boxing is just done, every huge fight over the last 10 or so years has done over a million basically... Yeah I know Cotto-Canelo didn't but some estimates had it around 900,000 so benefit of the doubt here because this is by far the biggest fight in the sport...

Not sure what other profits can be had?probably is another few million in advertisement deals , merchandise sales etc... So let's just say $2 million

So in total I have around a generated $$$$ value of $60 million for this fight...

Not sure what it would cost for promotion and stuff but even if it was $5 million we still have best case scenario around $50-55 million revenue....

If GGG gets $10 that's a 20% or so slice of the pie and Canelo gets around $40-$45 million before GBP and K2 get their piece from the fighters purses....

Not knowing the particulars of the deal GBP offered and more importantly the PPV revenue split, I don't think K2 is wrong in countering the offer with a percentage split...

This is coming from a GGG fan but not one who is a fanboy or illogical thinker...I think $10 million is a lot of money and GGG will not make that anywhere else but guess what, Canelo is not making $40-45 million anywhere else either.... So I hope they can come to a fair deal for the both of them and give the fans what they want so we don't go through the same stuff May-Pac gave us...

I don't think it does as well as people expect
    De la hoya knows it too hence the"Marination"

Comment

I think it does great.

Some events in boxing are bigger than their constituent parts. GGG vs Canelo is a brand in itself.

Look at May vs Pac. Neither guy was hitting a million buys for their fights before they faced off, then they fight and generate 4 million buys.

Obviously this isnt close that. But the same effect will take place imo. People want to see this fight.

We see it in the UK all the time where a 'grudge match' sells way more than the two fighters would normally by themselves.

Comment

Considering we're at least a year away (and let's be real, that September date is just Golden Boy kicking the can down the road and hoping it rolls into the sewer), it's impossible to know.

Right now it's the biggest money fight Alvarez can take, and that the only reason Golden Boy wouldn't want it is because they're not confident enough about his chances. A year from now it might be the biggest money fight in the sport. No matter how much people wish otherwise, Golovkin's star won't shine any duller unless he loses.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Considering we're at least a year away (and let's be real, that September date is just Golden Boy kicking the can down the road and hoping it rolls into the sewer), it's impossible to know.

Right now it's the biggest money fight Alvarez can take, and that the only reason Golden Boy wouldn't want it is because they're not confident enough about his chances. A year from now it might be the biggest money fight in the sport. No matter how much people wish otherwise, Golovkin's star won't shine any duller unless he loses.
          I think the only chances it's not the biggest is obviously if one of them loses but also if Joshua and Wilder somehow wipe out the rest of the HW division and square off end of next year... In the UK anyway that would sell more than 1 million. Over here who knows as Wilder hasn't really caught on for some reason.

Comment

We'd need to see how much GGG has made in his last 5-10 fights. I say if a 25% split eclipses what he's made previously then he should be snapping GBP's hand off.

Comment

It wont make more than Canelo-Cotto

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
                It wont make more than Canelo-Cotto
                I think it will be about the same. If not better.

Cotto was on his last legs by the time they fought and it killed some of the intrigue in the fight.

GGG vs Canelo is two prime killers. Fans will latch onto this easily

Comment

650 k ppv

This fight really isnt gonna sell like oscar thinks it would.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                    Let's take a guess here and see if a $10 million offer for GGG is fair or not..

Now I'm completely guessing on these numbers of course because nobody can know now what everything will add up to but anyway

Site fee: probably around $15 million.... Jerry jones said he's gonna go after the fight aggressively. Manny-Floyd had a more than $25 million site fee paid in Vegas so I'm guessing $15 is fair here...

Live gate: probably around $10 million.... Khan-Canelo did around 7.5 supposedly and this fight is way more anticipated and the prices for tickets will be a bit higher for good ones anyway...

PPV: $35 million this is where everything could shift one way or the other..I'm gonna say it does 1 million buys...if it doesn't then boxing is just done, every huge fight over the last 10 or so years has done over a million basically... Yeah I know Cotto-Canelo didn't but some estimates had it around 900,000 so benefit of the doubt here because this is by far the biggest fight in the sport...

Not sure what other profits can be had?probably is another few million in advertisement deals , merchandise sales etc... So let's just say $2 million

So in total I have around a generated $$$$ value of $60 million for this fight...

Not sure what it would cost for promotion and stuff but even if it was $5 million we still have best case scenario around $50-55 million revenue....

If GGG gets $10 that's a 20% or so slice of the pie and Canelo gets around $40-$45 million before GBP and K2 get their piece from the fighters purses....

Not knowing the particulars of the deal GBP offered and more importantly the PPV revenue split, I don't think K2 is wrong in countering the offer with a percentage split...

This is coming from a GGG fan but not one who is a fanboy or illogical thinker...I think $10 million is a lot of money and GGG will not make that anywhere else but guess what, Canelo is not making $40-45 million anywhere else either.... So I hope they can come to a fair deal for the both of them and give the fans what they want so we don't go through the same stuff May-Pac gave us...
                    First and foremost, you either take the site fee or the live gate; in no world will a venue pay to host an event and then not control the tickets to said event. (When MGM Resorts paid the $16m to host Cotto-Alvarez, notice how nearly all of the seats were kept for MGM Resorts customers)

Secondly, a $35m take on the PPV (before counting the promoters' share) isn't all that unreasonable a guess, to a touch optimistic; generating $70m on the fight would make Alvarez-Golovkin a bigger fight than Cotto-Alvarez which I doubt.

site fee: $15m from Jerry Jones
                    PPV: $35m

$50m for the fight, promoters take 20% (leaving $40m for the fighter, Golovkin gets $10m, Alvarez gets $30m (basically a 75/25 Alvarez share on the fight).

Compare the starpowers heading into te fight, and I don't think that that's all that bad a deal.

Comment

Working...
                    X