No announcement yet.

Where do u rank Marquez if..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do u rank Marquez if..

As a Top 100 ATG fighter and Mexican fighter? If he were to fight Bradley and Rios and....

Beat Bradley and Rios by KO?
    Beat Bradley by decision then Rios by ko?
    Beat both by decision?
    Lost to both by decision
    Lost to both by Ko
    Lost one by KO and the other by Decision
    Wins won and loses against the other?

Just interested in how Marquez would be ranked after he fought these 2.

If he beat both by KO I'd say easily top 25 all time great and best Mexican. I already think he's the best Mexican. I think he beats Bradley by decision and KOs Rios, I think he'd still be top 25 at least. Even if he did lose both I don't think it'd hurt even if Bradley decisioned him and got KOd by Rios since he is almost 40 and everybody has an expieration date.

Beating Bradley convincingly would be huge for him. Even though people thought Pacquiao beat Bradley, he did not beat him clearly or dominated at all, and IMO it was a Draw. If Marquez can take Bradley to school, or even just outbox him enough to win a decision, that would be huge. Bradley is a very good fighter.

Beating Rios would be a good win at best, for Marquez's age it would be even better than any one else beating Rios. I think Rios would be physically tougher for Marquez because of the style of Rios. I'd have to go with Bradley over Marquez, and Marquez over Rios in those two fights but Rios would be "tougher" and get his power shots in while getting outboxed, while Bradley will be smarter and win more rounds. TBH the better fight is Bradley vs Rios, then winner fights the winner of Marquez-Pacquiao V.

Comment

Beat Bradley and Rios by KO? Id rank him -#1 P4P
      Beat Bradley by decision then Rios by ko?- #1 P4P
      Beat both by decision?- Shut out= #1 P4P
      Lost to both by decision- under top 10 P4P (if he was shut out)
      Lost to both by Ko -under top 10 P4P
      Lost one by KO and the other by Decision- under top 10 P4P
      Wins won and loses against the other? -somewhere in the 5-10 top ten P4P

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev-
        Beating Bradley convincingly would be huge for him. Even though people thought Pacquiao beat Bradley, he did not beat him clearly or dominated at all, and IMO it was a Draw. If Marquez can take Bradley to school, or even just outbox him enough to win a decision, that would be huge. Bradley is a very good fighter.

Beating Rios would be a good win at best, for Marquez's age it would be even better than any one else beating Rios. I think Rios would be physically tougher for Marquez because of the style of Rios. I'd have to go with Bradley over Marquez, and Marquez over Rios in those two fights but Rios would be "tougher" and get his power shots in while getting outboxed, while Bradley will be smarter and win more rounds. TBH the better fight is Bradley vs Rios, then winner fights the winner of Marquez-Pacquiao V.
        U really think bradley vs pac was a draw?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

He'd be above Finito, Chavez and Salvador Sanchez in the Mexican scale

somewhere around 20-40 ATG wise and the #1 P4P

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
            As a Top 100 ATG fighter and Mexican fighter? If he were to fight Bradley and Rios and....

Beat Bradley and Rios by KO?
            Beat Bradley by decision then Rios by ko?
            Beat both by decision?
            Lost to both by decision
            Lost to both by Ko
            Lost one by KO and the other by Decision
            Wins won and loses against the other?

Just interested in how Marquez would be ranked after he fought these 2.

If he beat both by KO I'd say easily top 25 all time great and best Mexican. I already think he's the best Mexican. I think he beats Bradley by decision and KOs Rios, I think he'd still be top 25 at least. Even if he did lose both I don't think it'd hurt even if Bradley decisioned him and got KOd by Rios since he is almost 40 and everybody has an expieration date.
            Marquez could retire tomorrow and his legacy would be in tact. Dude is a certified bad ass. Beating Bradley and Rios doesn't add much to it in my opinion, as I don't think very highly of either and I expect Marquez to win both fights (especially Marquez 2.0). If Marquez loses it won't hurt his standing as an all time great as he is at the twilight of his career.

Where he ranks all time? Definitely top 100. I do feel that he wasted to much time chasing Pac and could have possibly broken top 50 if he focused more on his career and less on chasing Pac.

Comment

Working...
            X