Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Roberto Duran the best lightweight of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My grandfather fought Duran in panama for the WBA lightweight tittle but he was ko'd in 8th of 15

Comment

• Is Roberto Duran The Best Lightweight Of All Time?

Originally posted by Verbl_Kint View Post
      Any arguments against this?
      YES!!! I will go further. Little bad ass Roberto duran The Man Was A MAJOR Threat To Beat Anyone From 130 to 160 n lbs.. Only Armstrong comes 2 mind. What a fight between those's 2's. He set the stage for ray to fight hagler. He fought toe 2 toe with marvin darn near won. Ray ran. DURAN U's R It!!! The G-Mike!

Comment

• Yo, Boxing Scene No Doubt You's Have One Of The Great Boards Around. How's Bouts Stop Calling Me's Am Amateur U's Hurt My Little Fellings. Thanks A Bunch. Mikey!

Comment

• Brownpimp is blowing smoke up you guys's ass with his so called love for Whitaker. He says he does just so he can later say "Look I love Whitaker, you know that, but so and so was better". He thinks this about Pryor, Mayweather, Camacho, Vernon ****ing Forrest, Cory Spinks, etc.

Anyways, the greatest LW of all time is Benny Leonard. Head to head is a different story though.

Comment

• Originally posted by kayjay View Post
            All fair but I wasn't comparing Duran's power to Trinidad's. This is a fantasy fight at 135lb, right? And I partially took back my claim that Duran would win by KO. To knock him out he'd have to dominate him, not catch him with a single shot.
            In other words, he ain't knocking him out.

Comment

• Originally posted by KoolWillie View Post
              My grandfather fought Duran in panama for the WBA lightweight tittle but he was ko'd in 8th of 15

Man, that was a hell of a fight. Thompson got him with some killer body shots. Too bad it didn't go all the way...

Lookin' forward to your next fight Willie!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Verbl_Kint View Post
                Any arguments against this?
                Yes. I know of a forumer - whose username includes the word "pink" - who could post a six-page argument against the legend of Roberto Duran. In fact, he may already have responded to this thread, I'm not about to search for his post(s). This guy's sole mission in life is to lurk these forums to vent his anti-Duran obssesion.

That said, Roberto Duran is not only the greatest LW of all time, he is the 5th. p4p greatest fighter of all time (behind, Robinson, Armstrong, Louis and Ali).

Comment

• Originally posted by wdl1 View Post
                  I say Duran. I mean ,once in his prime,he was unbeatable. He destroyed Dejesus in their rematch and rubber match. I just don`t know who could avoid his tenacity for 15 rounds... And don`t forget that Manos de Pedrias (spelling?) could go a hard 15 rds. Funny thing about Duran,he developed into a pretty slick boxer,too. Now I`m not talking abut the second coming of Willie Pep. But he could make you miss then make you pay. As a lightweight, he was nasty...
                  Piedra (stone).

Comment

• roberto duran

no argument he was and is the best light weight of all time and the best latin fighter of all time .4 titles in different divisions . chavez 3 arguello 3 morales 3 duran 4 the best. period.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by boxing fanatic View Post
                      no argument he was and is the best light weight of all time and the best latin fighter of all time .4 titles in different divisions . chavez 3 arguello 3 morales 3 duran 4 the best. period.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      Morales is not by any means one of the 4 best Latino fighters of all time. Replace him with Monzon.

Comment

Working...
                      X