Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has an elite boxer ever been Koed in 13 seconds or 1 punch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not 13 seconds, but Michael Spinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
      Not quite apples to apples. With mma the stoppage was forced more quickly because he was able to strike his opponent on the ground to force the quick stoppage. If this had been a boxing match, the knockdown would've allowed a chance to get up.
      Agreed. Aldo looked like he could possibly recover but McGregor obviously wasn't gonna sit around and let that happen. Also worth noting that the gloves are much smaller.

Still, was pretty shocking to see Aldo go limp that soon. I could hardly process what was happening.

Comment

For those blaming the gloves and the other crap. Chill. Aldo ****ed up. He knows it. Everyone in MMA knows it. The gloves matter sure but he's a fighter. He knows better than to do what he did. He lost because he's not nearly competent at striking while McGregor is probably the best in the world at in MMA. 13 sec knockouts rarely happen at the elite level, boxing or MMA.

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
          Can't think off the top of my head.
          I mean, if you were allowed to punch guys after you'd knocked them down with 4 oz gloves & no count you'd have a point.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            It was so bad, the guy was literally sliding in
            lol, and to top it all off, he actually landed a clean punch on McGregor too! Had Mcgregor been an elite boxer he wouldve stepped back and countered given he was like 5 inches taller and had a 5 inch reach advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
              Not 13 seconds, but Michael Spinks.
              From congrats I was reading through to see if someone would get this one.

I mean in law there is the letter of the law and the spirit of the law...whether it was 13 seconds, or not (the letter), Spinks went down real fast and (the spirit) many consider him the greatest light heavy that ever laced em up. For comparisons sake, another man who some consider the greatest light heavy was Tunney and he fought a guy Tyson was styled after (Dempsey) but Tunney won!
              Last edited by billeau2; 12-14-2015, 12:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                No elite boxer would ever run in like Aldo did. McGregor didn't have to do anything. The guy beat himself.
                It was very disappointing, Aldo made a number of critical mistakes in just a few seconds. I saw more strategy in schoolyard fights than that. McGregor looks like the real deal more so than Rousey but the hype could end cause he is one moronic moment away from being derailed. He's very easy to hit also.

Comment

UFC's 3 most "dominant Champions" all just got DESTROYED. (Weidman, Aldo, Rousey)

It's a fraud sport, filled with overhyped fighters. Not only did they get destroyed they got destroyed by strikers who focused on boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    That was the 6th round and he had already beeen repeatedly hit with the same punch and previously knocked down hard before the final TKO.
                    And Manny was also beating the **** out of Marquez before the stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                      UFC's 3 most "dominant Champions" all just got DESTROYED. (Weidman, Aldo, Rousey)

It's a fraud sport, filled with overhyped fighters. Not only did they get destroyed they got destroyed by strikers who focused on boxing.
                      You make a good point, and these were not just losses, like they lost a close fight, they were DESTROYED.

I think it shows just maybe how little talent and perfecting it takes to be a MMA fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X