Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cortisol and fat under the skin, how to rid of it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cortisol and fat under the skin, how to rid of it?

I was 140 pounds at one point, deadlifting over 400 pounds, still I have belly fat and obvious fat under the skin. I should be ripped and have no fat. Am I over training because fat seem to store. I have done the ketogenic diet. I have taken metabolism regulating supplements like iodine (Lugol's, Iosol). What could I be doing wrong? I must admit I do not sleep long enough. I think this is the culprit actually. Maybe "sleep therapy" might do some good to me? I know I'm doing something wrong. I stopped my iodine supplementation so I can up my weight to 160, which is where I'm at now, still deadlifting over 400 pounds, yet the belly fat and fat under the skin is still present. It's almost as if it won't go away. Doing ketogenic diet made me too skinny yet the fats lingered on. Very strange. It feels as if the belly fat has been with me all my life and won't go away.

First, 140 dead lifting 140? I know its not impossible, but that's pretty rare.

And yeah, lack of sleep is probably a big part of it. Your hormones do most of it's regenerating during the last 3 hours of a 8 hour sleep. If you don't grt that deep rem sleep, you can cause all kinds of problems, including fat storage.

I personally take zma to help increase the quality of my sleep, I absolutely love it.

I don't know what your workouts are like, or diet.

My recommendation is to keep your meals simple, eggs, meat, veggies. Add intense cardio to your weekly routine, (HIIT), I do 2 days of intense cardio, and 1 day of light cardio when cutting weight.

Comment

yes, 140 pounds deadlifting over 400 pounds. ZMA stand for zinc, magnesium and vitamin A? right? I take those as well. I shall work on sleep therapy then...

I notice I do not "feel" fat when I got a good night rest...

Comment

Originally posted by thealfa View Post
        I was 140 pounds at one point, deadlifting over 400 pounds, still I have belly fat and obvious fat under the skin. I should be ripped and have no fat. Am I over training because fat seem to store. I have done the ketogenic diet. I have taken metabolism regulating supplements like iodine (Lugol's, Iosol). What could I be doing wrong? I must admit I do not sleep long enough. I think this is the culprit actually. Maybe "sleep therapy" might do some good to me? I know I'm doing something wrong. I stopped my iodine supplementation so I can up my weight to 160, which is where I'm at now, still deadlifting over 400 pounds, yet the belly fat and fat under the skin is still present. It's almost as if it won't go away. Doing ketogenic diet made me too skinny yet the fats lingered on. Very strange. It feels as if the belly fat has been with me all my life and won't go away.
        It's hard to help when we don't know your diet! A tip I will give you,

Eat in small, regular amounts. It's a common misconception that exercising, or burning off the surplus calories we intake controls weight and fat levels. Because of this, people still tend to have 3 meals a day, including a fairly large dinner, hoping that by doing sufficient exercise, they are getting them selves in good shape. Our body can only perform a certain amount of chemical reactions, including burning fats and breaking down proteins. By eating in small, regular amounts, chemical reactions can take place more quickly and efficiently. It might sound like I am a nutritional fool talking nonsense on a forum, but honestly, this is a very common mistake. No professional athlete with little fat will eat 3 meals a day. It is unheard of. I do not know how frequently you are eating or what exactly you are eating, but it's just a general tip that a lot of people can find helpful.

Also, catch up on some sleep dude!

Comment

Diet.

Push come to shove. Steroids. Clenbuterol.

That's just being real. You look at these models ripped and sht. Their taking steroids but specific ones that reduce that fat and strip the body of that under skin water.

All seriousness, if thats what you're getting at. The paper skin and ripped look. Then yeah, thats it. Otherwise it's diet. Refine that bih and keep working.

Comment

What is your training routine and how heavy are you able to lift on other exercises like bench press? How many reps do you do per set? how many sets do you do?

It's hard to give advice when you give so little info, but there is more to building muscle than having a high 1 RM. You could try other training methods combined with a calorie surplus.

Perhaps this is useful for you?

https://www.t-nation.com/training/1-rep-max-is-dead

Comment

Cut out sugary drinks & snacks after 6 pm. Do cardio after lifting. Drink plenty of water. Try NOW's Digest Ultimate, which contains a full spectrum of enzymes, including lipase for fat and glucoamylase for sugar metabolism. DO NOT take steroids, as that shit will take years off of your life.

Comment

Originally posted by thealfa View Post
                Its probably diet related. Most things are. In todays's food reality..even people that think they are eating right....aint.

Comment

As low a weight I got at 140? Diet? No way. I was on a ketogenic diet. That's a harsh diet tougher than fasting.

Regarding what Flicker said; steroids and clenbuterol. I have experience with steroids before. Some people actually get fat because of their diet while on steroids, except if they are using something like a stronger steroid than just testosterone. Regarding clenbuterol, I have read something about it but I probably should be asking the question on a steroid forum. Lance Armstrong have used clenbuterol. He is trimmed.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
                    Cut out sugary drinks & snacks after 6 pm. Do cardio after lifting. Drink plenty of water. Try NOW's Digest Ultimate, which contains a full spectrum of enzymes, including lipase for fat and glucoamylase for sugar metabolism. DO NOT take steroids, as that shit will take years off of your life.
                    The 6pm rule has proven to be nothing but broscience, its the type of stuff you find in mens health that ignores real research. It's total calories in vs calories used during the day, sugary drinks and snacks should probably be cut out the diets entirely if he's trying to cut.

Clenbuterol isn't a steroid hormone either, while it is banned in sports not everything banned comes under the banner of steroids, it decreases the rate at which protein is reduced in the muscle cell. Basically you can cut weight and still grow or maintain muscle mass (which is impossible to do otherwise). It forces your body to burn fat without dieting because it raises your body temp very slightly and to maintain this your body has to burn it's fat stores. Lots of people take clenbuterol after a steroid cycle thats probably why it gets thrown in there. It can have some side effects obviously because its still a prescription drug, so I wouldn't recommend anyone take it unless they knew what they were doing.

Comment

Working...
                    X