Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone read the alchemist?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

... It's refreshing to notice that there still are many proficient people in the field of literature on a boxing discussion board...

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyo Ledbetter View Post
      Lawl. I read like a chapter of it, think I or my girl still has a copy of it on the book shelf. Kinda thought it was boring though, think I started reading a Kerouac book instead.
      Holy shit. It must have been boring.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
        ... It's refreshing to notice that there still are many proficient people in the field of literature on a boxing discussion board...
        MUCH better than wasting time on TV shows. MUCH better.

Comment

Read it when I was a kid. I think it's one of the most overrated books ever, don't get me wrong it's got a nice message but it's like the Bible for some people.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
            Want to change the way you look at life? Throw that new age bull**** in the trash and buy "The Little Book That Beats The Market"

http://www.amazon.com/Little-Book-St...dp/0470624159/
            Well I bought the book on your recommendation.

I"ll try to read it this week.

Comment

I read The Alchemist my junior year of high school. A very, very good read and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of reading it.

Comment

Originally posted by phallus View Post
                it sets up people with no mental resilience to expect to get all their dreams easy and then when they meet real world resistance they end up as emotional cripples. these books are the biggest fraud, taking advantage of people, so everybody thinks its easy to become wealthy and marry a supermodel, and its our fault for not doing it because its so easy. if you have no morals and want to sell your soul to satan it's easy

don't waste your time on this hipster crap, when I first saw this thread I thought it was about Ben Johnson's The Alchemist, read this instead, it's great literature like Shakespeare.
                sign me up!!

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                  Holy shit. It must have been boring.
                  I always end up starting to think I might someday might finish On the Road lol but never do, like... I still haven't lol. I can see it across the room right now hahaha.

Comment

read

p#ssies

i smash books with my fist until i absorb the information. my hands are comically strong.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                      Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
                      MUCH better than wasting time on TV shows. MUCH better.
                      I generally don't watch tv. I follow some series in my own time and may watch football when it's on but I don't lie on the couch watching TV.. I'd get any enjoyment from it.

I read a lot.

Comment

Working...
                      X