No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brandon Rios Stops Mike Alvarado in a Seven Round War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
    rios is not a small threat to any top 5 junior welter. rios is there to get fans. arum knows he isnt selling his boxing skills to the public, hes sellin what he hopes is alot of blood and guts. arum and 99% of the boxing community knows where rios stands. rios does not have any skills, and anyone with basic fundamentals will give ALLLLLL kinds of problems. i know why hes popular and thats fine, but he doesnt trouble any JWW champ, or anyone in the top 5, just doesnt...
    Did you watch the Acosta fight? Acosta had great fundamentals yet still folded under the pressure. I think anyone with a chin that's taller and naturally bigger with skills will give Rios problems, but If your the same size as Rios you better have hella footwork or Rios will just walk through you eventually, just can't keep him off you.. to beat Rios you must confuse him with footwork and knock him out

Comment

Rios Kills Broner and Gamboa!!

Comment

Originally posted by fraubau View Post
        o

too cruel man. cant you give him a B-at least? lol. but i agree, part of the blame goes to mike himself. he was winning on the outside handily but just wasn't disciplined enough to continue that way. lots of moments he was making bam bam look like a fool but props to bam taking those punishment like a man then dishing some. also agree that a thinking, disciplined boxer makes a clown out of him but until that time comes rios should be good for boxing.
        fine by me. just all the blind support he gets is silly to me. people makin him out to be the next face of boxing. dude is just not there. arum picked a kid who can punch and has a big mouth to be a cash cow. means nothing. rios is and always will be where he is. 1 dimensional at very best

Comment

rios is not a small threat to any top 5 junior welter. rios is there to get fans. arum knows he isnt selling his boxing skills to the public, hes sellin what he hopes is alot of blood and guts. arum and 99% of the boxing community knows where rios stands. rios does not have any skills, and anyone with basic fundamentals will give ALLLLLL kinds of problems. i know why hes popular and thats fine, but he doesnt trouble any JWW champ, or anyone in the top 5, just doesnt...
          fine by me. just all the blind support he gets is silly to me. people makin him out to be the next face of boxing. dude is just not there. arum picked a kid who can punch and has a big mouth to be a cash cow. means nothing. rios is and always will be where he is. 1 dimensional at very best

"boo hoo none of my favorite fighters will ever be in a FOTY!"

Comment

youre comparing danny beating rios to dannys fight against erik morales. ERIK MORALES. he cant take out a legend so he cant beat rios. you should be ashamed of yourself. ashamed. blind support is the same as hate. since by your facetiousness, you seem to have lots of common sense. unwrap that shiz and use it homie...
            Danny would probably be a tough opponent for Rios because he's naturally bigger than Rios, Danny walks around at about 170.. But that would be a decent match up..

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
              Did you watch the Acosta fight? Acosta had great fundamentals yet still folded under the pressure. I think anyone with a chin that's taller and naturally bigger with skills will give Rios problems, but If your the same size as Rios you better have hella footwork or Rios will just walk through you eventually, just can't keep him off you.. to beat Rios you must confuse him with footwork and knock him out
              agreed. the most important thing is focus and discipline, and not getting roped into his ugly fight, and fighting your own. its tough to do cause fighters are, well, fighters, and they dont wanna think they cannot brawl it out, but someone who is above that level mentally, will send rios back to that D level, real quick!

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit
                Quote:

Originally Posted by SpeedKillz

People don't understand how difficult a pressure Fighter is to deal with. Guys like Margarito and Rios, are so tough to beat because of their stamina, power, and heart. it's funny how people complain about Rios yet gave so much love to a guy like Gatti. I uinderstand there different fighters but their style and heart is the same I love those guys and have the upmost respect for them.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by subhuman View Post

"boo hoo none of my favorite fighters will ever be in a FOTY!"

oh man watch out, dude pulled out the "you mad" memes. you know what that means. somebody be saltyyyyyyyy

Comment

agreed. the most important thing is focus and discipline, and not getting roped into his ugly fight, and fighting your own. its tough to do cause fighters are, well, fighters, and they dont wanna think they cannot brawl it out, but someone who is above that level mentally, will send rios back to that D level, real quick!
                    I think Rios just forces you to brawl, when your getting hit that hard consistently, it forces you to attempt get some type of respect..

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                      People don't understand how difficult a pressure Fighter is to deal with. Guys like Margarito and Rios, are so tough to beat because of their stamina, power, and heart. it's funny how people complain about Rios yet gave so much love to a guy like Gatti. I uinderstand there different fighters but their style and heart is the same I love those guys and have the upmost respect for them.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

margarito and gatti were eons and eons eons above rios. stop reaching. not just you, but everyone.

Confucius say: you grasp at metaphorical straws

Comment

Working...
                      X