No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hayZ View Post
    On TV, they added the scenes between Arya and Tywin Lannister which weren't in the books and honestly they were probably the best bit of season 2 apart from the Battle of Blackwater. The show so far I think definitely does the books justice, which is rarely the case when it comes to adaptations. Book one and Season 1 are pretty much the same for the most part, season 1 ends with Ned about to be decapitated and book 1 ends with the Lannisters seeming as though they are doomed with Robb Stark winning battles and marching South or more West, Stannis raising an army, Renly raising a HUGE (100K) army, Roose Bolton with 10,000 of Robbs men, Jamie Lannister being captured. That happens in Season 2 in the show.
    I just got passed the part of arya and her 'prayer' on heir way to harrenhal, thought that part with tywin was in the books :/

ah well. lol

Comment

• Originally posted by MaD vEiN View Post
      GRRM's preferred (at least, a close) version of Iron Throne

That is too sick!

I'm in need of ASOIAF fix, might have to re-read the books again or create a Brotherhood Without Banners party with the boxingscene clan
      Last edited by _original_; 07-16-2013, 02:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
        Are you upto the bit where Jon Snow gets captured by the Lannisters?
        LMAO you're a piece of **** for that. Just finished all 3 seasons. And.............now I can't wait until April of 2014. I knew I should have waited until one month before the 4th season began next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
          Yeah ive started Breaking Bad. Decent start but hasnt grabbed me yet. Next on the list after will be The Soprano's (finally!) i reckon!

Also just saw your post on the Red Wedding. Completely agree. It was all over facebook that some **** went down at a wedding before i started watching GoT and I was still sat there with an open mouth. Amazing television!
          I am actually going to opposite way. I will watch The Sopranos first (All the praise Gandolfini is getting after his death for "The Greatest TV character ever" has me amped to give it a watch. BB afterwards, hopefully I can finish both before BB's last season which is coming up soon.

Man It's the stabbing of Talisa that gets you. You KNOW once they close that door some foul **** is about to happen but to stab her gut? HER WOMB??? Riveting television indeed.
          Last edited by SkillspayBills; 07-16-2013, 09:17 PM.

Comment

• just read edmure and his fucking plan in clash.. dickwad!!

Comment

• Just rewatched all 3 seasons. Can't believe how much stuff I missed the first time around. I'm glad I watched it over and now will probably start on the books before the 4th season begins.

Comment

• I still cant get over the fact that the emmys decided to snub Nicolaj Coster-Waldau and Michelle Fairly.....i dont even know how Tyrion and Dany deserved it more...I mean.....Emilia Clarke???really?......smdh....they went for the names, nothing to do with skills....
                Last edited by -Hyperion-; 07-20-2013, 04:29 PM.

Comment

• Nicolaj Coster-Waldau and Charles Dance should be the ones up for awards. Emilia Clarke? SMH

Comment

• I've just about read the first book, and the one thing I can say is that some stuff is lost in the show, with respect to the storyline, for sure. I mean, obviously this is inevitable. Most particularly though, the introspective thoughts of some of the characters just doesn't play out in film. Simply to provide one example, there is a part when Rickon is really upset that more of his family is going south. And, it is written that in his head, it seems that whenever people go south, they never come back. Incidentally, he was correct. That's one of those cases where a child's simplistic logic was spot on.

Like I said, some of the introspective stuff doesn't really translate into film. For the most part though, I must say it seems like they have done a very good job in portraying the book in film form.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunken Cat View Post
                      I've just about read the first book, and the one thing I can say is that some stuff is lost in the show, with respect to the storyline, for sure. I mean, obviously this is inevitable. Most particularly though, the introspective thoughts of some of the characters just doesn't play out in film. Simply to provide one example, there is a part when Rickon is really upset that more of his family is going south. And, it is written that in his head, it seems that whenever people go south, they never come back. Incidentally, he was correct. That's one of those cases where a child's simplistic logic was spot on.

Like I said, some of the introspective stuff doesn't really translate into film. For the most part though, I must say it seems like they have done a very good job in portraying the book in film form.
                      in other news, Ricky Martin is a flaming ****...

Obviously big monologues cant be done every 2 minutes where the character spells out his thoughts....but Rickon actually says in the show that his faimly are not coming back in a conversation with Bran...
                      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, I hope they dont rush with what follows...its not like they should, GRRM is almost giving them an incentive to take their damn time with it by not finishing the novels quickly...

They would be able to put all the stuff that happens in books 4-5 before the end of book 3 with no trouble and end it with book 3's ending....

But they already deviated with the whole Iron Islands storyline....I wonder wtf they want to do with that...

Comment

Working...
                      X