Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vitali Klitschko vs. prime heavies?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for all of them i will go a loss for vitali...except golota. Golota will lose by DQ because he is just a dirty fighter. Vitali is a quality fighter...but not up to the likes of holyfield or lewis.

Comment

Originally posted by INFAMOUZ
      How do you think Vitali matches up against the following five fighters in their prime?

1) Evander Holyfield

2) Ray Mercer

3) Riddick Bowe

4) Lennox Lewis

5) Andrew Golota
      HOLYFIELD WOULD STRUGGLE BECAUSE HE STRUGGLES WITH BIG GUYS AND IS NOT VERY DISCIPLINED BUT HE'S STILL BETTER THAN VITALI AND WINS A TOUGH FIGHT.

IF MERCER TRAINS HARD (NOT LIKE WHEN HE LOST TO OLD HOLMES OR FERGIE) HE WINS A DECISION.

BOWE BUSTS VITALI UP. SO DOES LEWIS. VITALI COULDN'T EVEN BEAT LEWIS WHEN LEWIS WAS OLD AND OVERWEIGHT. HIS EYE ALMOST FELL OUT. WHAT'S HE GOING TO DO WITH A PRIME LEWIS BESIDES GET CLOBBERED?

VITALI BEATS GOLOTA, BECAUSE GOLOTA IS GOLOTA. HE FINDS WAYS TO LOSE.

Comment

All of them beat him

Comment

Originally posted by Parody
          All of them beat him
          yeah and so does big buck i suppose

Comment

Originally posted by Hydro View Post
            HOLYFIELD WOULD STRUGGLE BECAUSE HE STRUGGLES WITH BIG GUYS AND IS NOT VERY DISCIPLINED BUT HE'S STILL BETTER THAN VITALI AND WINS A TOUGH FIGHT.

IF MERCER TRAINS HARD (NOT LIKE WHEN HE LOST TO OLD HOLMES OR FERGIE) HE WINS A DECISION.

BOWE BUSTS VITALI UP. SO DOES LEWIS. VITALI COULDN'T EVEN BEAT LEWIS WHEN LEWIS WAS OLD AND OVERWEIGHT. HIS EYE ALMOST FELL OUT. WHAT'S HE GOING TO DO WITH A PRIME LEWIS BESIDES GET CLOBBERED?

VITALI BEATS GOLOTA, BECAUSE GOLOTA IS GOLOTA. HE FINDS WAYS TO LOSE.
            - -Heh, heh, when Vitali opponents all fight him in capitalized letters.

Kinda funny how Vitali bullied Lewis into premature retirement.

Comment

Lewis stopped Vilali when they actually fought. Lennox was on the verge of a ko victory in round six.

All this and Lewis was not in the best of shape for the fight.

Comment

Emanuel Stewart:
                “I told Lennox after the fight: I feel like we owe Vitali a rematch. Lennox agreed with me. Even after a year since Lennox left boxing, we talked about that fight. However his wife didn’t want him to continue boxing, despite the fact that Lewis still wanted to fight.”

Comment

I don't agree that Lewis owed Vitali a rematch. The fight wasn't stopped too soon.

These arguments make it sound as though the cut eye somehow wasn't Vitali's failure, but it was.

I realize it wasn't a complete KO, but it also wasn't an accident (a butt or elbow) the punch was a clean 'eye opening' right hand and the fight got stopped on a cut. It was a clean TKO.

The post fight interview suggests that Vatali was busted up pretty good underneath the eye as well, which came from other clean punches.

When you get punched you have to stay on your feet, and you have to keep your blood inside you. It's a rule. Fail to do either and they will stop the fight.

Vitali wasn't robbed in anyway, he was beaten by clean punches.

Sorry, but he got his shot he came up short.

Fortunately he got another shot at the title and had a great career, but IMO Lewis owed him nothing. Lewis stopped him!

Comment

True. However their are those who claim Lewis avoided a second bout. Based upon Stewart’s remarks this was not true. Lewis retired as his wife told him “its me or boxing”.

Another point is that some feel Zlewis was in good shape going into the fight. Untrue. Lewis was going to fight what I am sure he thought was an easy mark and then Vitali become the last minute substitute. Lewis went into the fight the heaviest of his career.

Comment

He loses to Lewis and Holyfield. Bowe is a 50/50 fight, I think he beats Mercer and Golota.

Comment

Working...
                      X