Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Prez: Canelo-Golovkin is The Next Super Bowl of Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: WBC Prez: Canelo-Golovkin is The Next Super Bowl of Boxing

World Boxing Council President Mauricio Sulaiman predicts the fight between Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez (46-1-1, 33KOs) and Gennady Golovkin (35-0, 32KOs), will be a super classic to savor after Canelos clash with Amir Khan, which culminated in a massive sixth round knockout.

[Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    World Boxing Council President Mauricio Sulaiman predicts the fight between Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez (46-1-1, 33KOs) and Gennady Golovkin (35-0, 32KOs), will be a super classic to savor after Canelos clash with Amir Khan, which culminated in a massive sixth round knockout.

[Click Here To Read More]
    It will be a great fight.....I expect GGG will beat down Canelo like he did Curtis Stevens......everyone says that GGG has never fought anyone...there was a fighter named Darnel Boon who almost beat Kovalev lost a very close split decision….Boon knocked out Adonis Stevenson….and Boon knocked down Andre Ward the only pro to do it…..and Curtis Stevens beat Boon fairly easily….Stevens can fight…...and I would bet he hits harder or just as hard as Canelo....and GGG beat down Stevens....

Comment

Hmmm I hope they can get this fight made. I don't wanna hear it needs to be hyped or build up because it is already. I don't care who wins I just wanna see them clash.

Comment

I wanna see this at the Dallas Cowboy stadium. Would be insane to read that 80k tickets were sold.

Comment

I'm not so sure this fight is as big as they say it is. The Alvarez vs Khan fight only did about 460,000 pay per views, which suggests that Alvarez is not the superstar Golden Boy and HBO portray him to be. Then we have Golovkin, whose last pay per view only hit about 150,000. It seems to me like the Alvarez vs Golovkin fight does less than 700,000 paper views, which is nowhere near the 'Super Bowl of Boxing' status.

On another note, in my opinion, what makes a fight so compelling is the inability to choose a winner in a fight. With the Alvarez vs Golovkin fight, we are all pretty much in consensus that Golovkin is going to soundly beat Alvarez.

I'm definitely not complaining about the fight. If Golden Boy and K2 can reach an agreement, I'm definitely buying it because I'm a boxing fan and would like to see it. I'm just suggesting that it's not that big as the media and the WBC are making it out to be. And judging by the low numbers of the PPV, I would not be surprised if both parties, indeed, let the fight marinate a bit more.
          Last edited by Carlos Alberto; 05-13-2016, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Sulaiman visited Canelo and Golovkin? He seems he is really pushing for this fight... And Sulaiman even talks about the purse bid -- meaning that he actually believes that K2 could organize the show at the Dallas Cowboys Stadium...
            ... and making it the "New Super Bowl of boxing" doesn't suggest that he expects some sort of a "trilogy"?...

Comment

Please, Golovkin would walk right through him if they ever fought. Everybody who's anybody knows that.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Alberto View Post
                I'm not so sure this fight is as big as they say it is. The Alvarez vs Khan fight only did about 460,000 pay per views, which suggests that Alvarez is not the superstar Golden Boy and HBO portray him to be. Then we have Golovkin, whose last pay per view only hit about 150,000. It seems to me like the Alvarez vs Golovkin fight does less than 700,000 paper views, which is nowhere near the 'Super Bowl of Boxing' status.

On another note, in my opinion, what makes a fight so compelling is the inability to choose a winner in a fight. With the Alvarez vs Golovkin fight, we are all pretty much in consensus that Golovkin is going to soundly beat Alvarez.

I'm definitely not complaining about the fight. If Golden Boy and K2 can reach an agreement, I'm definitely buying it because I'm a boxing fan and would like to see it. I'm just suggesting that it's not that big as the media and the WBC are making it out to be. And judging by the low numbers of the PPV, I would not be surprised if both parties, indeed, let the fight marinate a bit more.
                If the fight gets made in the next 4 or 5 months it's gonna due around a million ppvs. Good but no Superbowl

Comment

In no way does a guy who does 97k amount to a "super bowl" of boxing however it will do slightly better than expected. I think it will hover right around the 1 million mark for PPV.

Comment

There are some peoples who did not appreciate GGG fully & they claim that he didn't face a great fighter still. I hope that great fighter like Canelo will not run this time with any excuses to face GGG.

Comment

Working...
                    X