Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Mayweather-Robert Guerrero Almost Signed, Sealed..MARKARIAN

Written by Raymond Markarian
    Monday, 09 January 2012 15:50

Welterweight champion Floyd “Money” Mayweather 42-0, 26 knockouts, is close to an agreement to fight lightweight champion Robert “The Ghost” Guerrero at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on May 5. A source with knowledge of the negotiation informed me that both parties are in the last stages of securing a deal that could be announced as early as this week.

A clash with Mayweather will be undoubtedly the biggest fight of Guerrero’s career. For months, the Gilroy, California native has told the boxing world that he will be the one to defeat the undefeated pound for pound king.

Guerrero says he knows Mayweather like the back of his hand, and that a fight between Floyd and Guerrero, a multilingual Mexican-American, will sell on Cinco de Mayo weekend in Las Vegas.

Mayweather’s advisor Leonard Ellerbe said their camp will announce Mayweather’s opponent this week and the signs are pointing towards Guerrero (28-1, 18 knockouts) getting the shot he desires.

Fight fans expected May 5 to be the day Mayweather and Pacquiao finally fight. But both parties have apparently failed to come to terms once again. As it stands now, Pacquiao is expected to fight in late May or early June leaving Mayweather without a dance partner for May 5.

The anticipated May 5th date was nearly derailed when a Las Vegas judge sentenced “Money May” to begin a 90 day jail term on January 6. On Friday, the judge postponed the ruling until June 1st allowing Mayweather to go through with the bout he announced nearly two months ago.

http://thesweetscience.com/news/arti...ealedmarkarian

this fight will not happen.

Comment

wow SMH....

Comment

hahahaaaaaaaaaa

Comment

Disgusting.. Another black eye for boxing.. Good for Ghost tho, hes a god fearing man and deserves a payday.. But hes too small for Floyd and will lose every round.. I hope this PPV does less than 100k..

Comment

Who to believe? This article or Comedians "source"? We shall find out.

However i must lean towards this article as Floyd has been known to take 135lb fighters into welterweight.

Comment

Woooooo

Comment

there is a reason this is on thesweetscience and not espn

Comment

Not happening. Canelo it is.

Comment

I refuse to believe this crap.

Comment

Working...
                    X