Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is a more complete fighter? Pavlik or Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jack_the_rippuh View Post
    Pavlik doesn't have a punch in his arsenal that is as odd looking as Pacquiao's overhand right hook.

The one he hurt your boy Morales with.
    That's because he's a tall, stand-up, orthodox type of fighter. Pacquiao is an athletic, kinetic little Southpaw buzzsaw.

Doesn't mean Pacquiao is neccessarily more complete.

Comment

Originally posted by oldgringo View Post
      False, he just uses what works. Pavlik often takes the openings his opponents leave for him. I think he looked a bit more ordinary (in his punch variety) against Taylor, but Taylor was open for the jab/right hand all night.

Just look at the combination he finished Miranda with. He's primarily a jab - right hand - left hook type of fighter, but he effectively mixes in uppercuts and a two fisted body attack as well.
      I gotta watch that stuff again.
      But I do agree with Taylor being open for the jab and the right all night.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
        Who is more versatile? Who has more actual skill overall in the ring?
        My reasoning isn't who the better fighter is with my pick. I give the slight egde to Pavlik only because he can fight inside and go toe to toe if he has to standing in front of his opponent. I have never seen Pac fight inside. He either ties you up, or backs up and comes in firing. Neither of them have great hooks though they have improved. Both have good 1-2's and decent jabs though Pav's is better. Pac is the better fighter right now, and Pav is the more complete fighter.

Comment

Pav is more versatile, and Pac has more skill.

Comment

Originally posted by jack_the_rippuh View Post
            I gotta watch that stuff again.
            But I do agree with Taylor being open for the jab and the right all night.
            I lied, it's not the combination he finished him with (I had to watch it again myself to be sure), it's the combination he knocks him down with the second time.

He gets him with a right hook-right uppercut-straight right-left upper-left hook...something crazy like that.

Comment

People want to make Manny out to be this skilled boxer when he's not. He's practically as wild as when he started the only difference is now he punches with both hands.

Plus Pavlik is better defensively.

Comment

Originally posted by oldgringo View Post
                I lied, it's not the combination he finished him with (I had to watch it again myself to be sure), it's the combination he knocks him down with the second time.

He gets him with a right hook-right uppercut-straight right-left upper-left hook...something crazy like that.
                You lied?
                I'm done talking to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Splinterccfc View Post
                  Lets see how great Pavlik is outside of the USA and out of his comfort zone.

Good point. Although he appears to be a guy who performs at a consistent level, you never really know what anybody will do in an adverse situation until they are faced with it.

Comment

Originally posted by potatoes View Post
                    Good point. Although he appears to be a guy who performs at a consistent level, you never really know what anybody will do in an adverse situation until they are faced with it.
                    Did you see the first Taylor fight? Your telling me that wasn't an adverse situation??

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
                      im sorry that i have failed you.

LMAO
                      Patience grasshopper. "AGAIN" in voice of little asian man on beer commercial.

Comment

Working...
                      X