Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fight of the Year 1990 - Chavez vs Taylor or Benn vs Eubank?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to pick Eubank-Benn because of my opinion on the stoppage in JC-Taylor. Both of them amazing fights.

Comment

Chavez vs. Taylor for sure.

Comment

Benn-Eubank obviously more talked about, but Chavez-Taylor probably the better fight.

Comment

Eubank v Benn, the rivalry, the story, the history, the brutality...oh man, what a fight.

Chavez v Taylor had great in ring action and terrific subtext to it but it wasn't in the same overall package, where two men truly hated each other. May be Taylor hated Chavez after the fight but definitely not before it, yet Eubank and Benn truly despised one another. Plus, it was a far closer fight in terms of who was winning, whereas Taylor carved out a long, almost unattainable lead before the KO.

Comment

The tension I felt during the Taylor vs Chavez fight was intense.
            Taylor being a Philly fighter didn't back down, use this boxing skills, slide off the ropes, nothing. He went toe to toe with a tough, hard hitting Chavez.

Both undefeated, Taylor an Olympic gold medalist, and was poetic with his combinations. I bet Chavez with my old uncles, because the wanted Taylor.

Benn vs Eubanks was an all out war, I liked both guys. Great skills. But when boxers insult each other in that British way, it is engaging.

Comment

The first three rounds of Benn vs Eubank is the closest thing I've seen to Hagler vs Hearns since.

Comment

Working...
              X