No announcement yet.

Has Body Punching Become a Lost Art?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Body Punching Become a Lost Art?

I heard an announcer say that body punching has become a lost art during the Carl Frampton fight tonight - what do you guys think? Are there not enough good body punchers nowadays?

The main event has one of the best body punchers in the game.

Comment

Many great body punchers out there IMO

Rigondeux, Chakhiev, Bute, Cotto etc etc

Comment

Bute, Cotto, Marquez, Chavez jr, Mares etc

Comment

There's plenty out there that do it but apart seem not realize its value
          And how fast they could get some of these guys outta here if they hit the body sometimes

Comment

I remember boxing 'experts' having the same discussion over 25 years ago when Mike McCallum was the body punching daddy.

I'd guess it's probably not as prevalent as back in the days of boxers having 10-25 fights a year as that was a good way to slow an opponent down. It's not as rough or tough nowadays so perhaps is has become a lesser art rather than a lost one.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              Many great body punchers out there IMO

Rigondeux, Chakhiev, Bute, Cotto etc etc
              Most definitely, there are some great body punchers in the game right now.

But shouldn't every athlete in the sport of boxing learn how to be a good body puncher? Pacquiao, for instance, would be a whole lot better if he concentrated on body punching a little more......

Comment

to a certain degree, i mean i hate when a fighter has another guy hurt and when he goes in for the kill all he does is head hunt and the guy that is hurt is able to survive the round just by keeping his hands up. if the fighter would have went to the body some to bring the other guys hands down he could have got some clean shots in up stairs.

Comment

Its worrying, Even though we have bodypuchers we just dont see them using it that much anymore, The last fight i saw with enormous was Cotto destroying Quintana to the body.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
                    The main event has one of the best body punchers in the game.
                    I didn't see much of that tonight.....

Comment

Working...
                    X