Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Thomas Hearns had a decent chin.........

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Thomas Hearns had a decent chin.........

he would have been the greatest fighter that ever lived. He sure had all the other tools. Great jab, good body puncher, crushing right hand, great left hook, good reflexes, good hand speed, etc. On top of all that he was willing to fight anyone, was always in shape, and was ready when the bell rang. He also was amiable with the press and you never saw his name on a police report. Discussion?????????????

He did have a decent chin.

Comment

I would say extra stamina could have helped his career out more overall. He would have most likely beaten Leonard at WW, and that would have been an outstanding win.

He did have a decent chin.
      I would say below average however. It was his reason for losing against Barkley, and almost cost him the Kinchen fight as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Steak View Post
        I would say extra stamina could have helped his career out more overall. He would have most likely beaten Leonard at WW, and that would have been an outstanding win.

I would say below average however. It was his reason for losing against Barkley, and almost cost him the Kinchen fight as well.
        Changed your mind now? During our discussion about me feeling stamina played more of a part than his chin you said you thought it was more his chin, right?

I would say his chin was dead average. Not below nor above.

Comment

And if pigs had wings they could fly. If nuthuggers had brains they wouldn't be sub-human troglodytes.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Changed your mind now? During our discussion about me feeling stamina played more of a part than his chin you said you thought it was more his chin, right?

I would say his chin was dead average. Not below nor above.
            it depends honestly. At Welterweight, I would go for stamina, no doubt.

at middleweight and above, it was definitely his chin.

Comment

He had a decent chin....recovering from getting hurt is another story.

Comment

If George Foreman had speed.

Comment

He did have a decent chin. There was no shame in losing to Leonard and Hagler and in the Barkley fight he dropped down after winning the light heavyweight title back to middleweight to fight Rodan and Barkley. He was weakened by that and it showed. He was no Chuvalo but he was no T. Norris either.

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                    And if pigs had wings they could fly. If nuthuggers had brains they wouldn't be sub-human troglodytes.

Poet
                    *Googles the word troglodytes* hahahaha

His chin wasn't that bad. Just wasn't great. So I don't really think it would have made much difference. Probably would have beaten Barkley but who knows.

Comment

Working...
                    X