Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which of these boxers have a real man's resume? (poll)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

these two fighters and the type of fights and challenges they take on can only be admired. i have a lot of respect for both men.

Comment

Originally posted by chav View Post
      these two fighters and the type of fights and challenges they take on can only be admired. i have a lot of respect for both men.
      Think they command respect, I haven't seen a b*thing thread about either for a while

Comment

Originally posted by J.Dempsey View Post
        Think they command respect, I haven't seen a b*thing thread about either for a while
        Yeah, although I do remember a lot of people calling Froch a bitch and a coward and a fraud when he delayed the AA fight due to injury. Dunno what happened to those people, they all seemed so sure of themselves...

Comment

Cotto to this point

corely, torres, judah, mosley, margarito, clottey, pacquiao, foreman
          scheduled to fight mayorga who is big and badass for about three rounds

froch has fought
          pascal, taylor, dirrell, kessler, abraham all in a row (all but dirrell are former / current champions. three of those fights were wars [taylor, pascal, kessler])
          which is super badass in its own right
          he's also scheduled to fight another badass in glen johnson

two guys who fought all comers

Comment

Originally posted by J.Dempsey View Post
            Yeh I think neither of them have any fear..ppl might say cotto took a knee but to come back after that to clottey n PAC n maybe marg again...that's a real warrior!

people who harp on cotto taking a knee seem to be motivated by racial hatred as a general rule

let't not forget that cotto defeated shane mosley
            and margarito was caught loading his gloves against that same shane mosley

it would be absurd to assume that a fighter would load his gloves for the first time against an opponent who lost to a man he battered into submission

the dude had bricks on his hands

Comment

cotto has gotten in there with good fighters. cant take that away from him.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                Cotto has faced more top 10 opponents but 'both' is how I'd answer the question.
                yup, Cotto as a star was supposed to fight these guys and he fought them when the divisions were loaded, Carl Froch (better known since JT) is fightin tough opposition cuz hes forced to due to the Super6. anyway, Supermiddleweight was not loaded that time Cotto became a star. I think Froch as a proud man that doesnt no fear would fight anyone and hes such a strong resume for a guy in that division.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  people who harp on cotto taking a knee seem to be motivated by racial hatred as a general rule

let't not forget that cotto defeated shane mosley
                  and margarito was caught loading his gloves against that same shane mosley

it would be absurd to assume that a fighter would load his gloves for the first time against an opponent who lost to a man he battered into submission

the dude had bricks on his hands
                  ive made that point so many times man and it always is viewed as another boricua crying about the lost. imo, aint no way in hell margarito became the #1 welterweight in the world by beating cotto and then decides he needs 2 fight with illegal wraps 2 win.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    Yeah, those same people also spent months insulting Cotto for not rematching Margarito so far, but were happy to defend Margarito ducking a Williams rematch.

Margarito and his fans would much rather see him rematch guys he has already beaten instead of rematching guys who have beaten him. 7 guys have beaten Margarito and I don't think he's rematched any of them? The only boxer I remember him rematching is the one who he had already beaten in a one-sided manner (Cintron).

Comment

cotto ........

Comment

Working...
                      X