Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Alvarado out boxed Rios, Pacquiao will too. PPV SPIOLER!!!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WESS View Post
    Top guy at 140? I didn't know this fight took place at 140. Again, this was a cherry pick fight to make Pac look good. Nothing more, nothing less.
    You're right, it's at 147. I meant Rios is top 10 at 140, IMO.

Who would you have liked to see him fight? Keep in mind he's coming off a devasting KO

Comment

Originally posted by King- View Post
      You're right, it's at 147. I meant Rios is top 10 at 140, IMO.

Who would you have liked to see him fight? Keep in mind he's coming off a devasting KO
      Any ranked welter weight. The issue I have with Pac is that since 2009 he hasn't fought a legit WW. However Clottey and Mosley had been ranked neither had not been winning and were washed up fighters (not to mention Margartio at 150). JMM, Bradley and Rios had not been WW's when Pac selected to fight them nor had they ever won a WW fight.

Overall it would have been nice to see Pac actually fight a ranked WW (for once) without a catchweight, who wasn't washed up and losing OR moving up to WW for the first time. So again, any ranked WW would have been a nice tune up.

Broners not even a real WW but that would have been a more of a legit fight than Rios. But styles make fights and Rios was selected because he's smaller, never fought at WW and will make Pac look spectacular to hype Pac's next fight.

Comment

Any ranked welter weight. The issue I have with Pac is that since 2009 he hasn't fought a legit WW. However Clottey and Mosley had been ranked neither had not been winning and were washed up fighters (not to mention Margartio at 150). JMM, Bradley and Rios had not been WW's when Pac selected to fight them nor had they ever won a WW fight.

Overall it would have been nice to see Pac actually fight a ranked WW (for once) without a catchweight, who wasn't washed up and losing OR moving up to WW for the first time. So again, any ranked WW would have been a nice tune up.

Broners not even a real WW but that would have been a more of a legit fight than Rios. But styles make fights and Rios was selected because he's smaller, never fought at WW and will make Pac look spectacular to hype Pac's next fight.
        Well... to be fair, how many ranked WW's does Top Rank have? Almost the whole top 10 at 147 are with GBP. Pac couldn't have fought Broner, that fight was not possible, you know that.

Comment

Well... to be fair, how many ranked WW's does Top Rank have? Almost the whole top 10 at 147 are with GBP. Pac couldn't have fought Broner, that fight was not possible, you know that.
          At the end of the day, TR could have found a fighter that does not campaign below 147. That or Pac could have fought at 140 where it would have been a little more meaningful. Because now it's just another fighter moving up in weight that was selected to make Pac look good to hype Pac's next fight.

Comment

At the end of the day, TR could have found a fighter that does not campaign below 147. That or Pac could have fought at 140 where it would have been a little more meaningful. Because now it's just another fighter moving up in weight that was selected to make Pac look good to hype Pac's next fight.

Sure it would of been nice for him to fight a WW... but can you name some realistic options? Throw out some names, if you don't mind

Comment

i don't think even the biggest rios fan or biggest pacquiao hater actually thinks rios is in the same class as pacquiao as a fighter....the only question surrounding this fight is how will pacquiao react to taking a hard shot. nobody knows the answer to that yet.

Comment

Sure it would of been nice for him to fight a WW... but can you name some realistic options? Throw out some names, if you don't mind
                Abregu is the only name I can think of that is TR but again that didn't mean anything when the roles had been reversed and TR had two guys that was supposed to be good enough for Floyd. Just because TR has nobody now doesn't give Pac a pass to continue fighting guys that do not fight at WW, let alone washed up guys.

GBP doesn't own all WW's.

Comment

Working...
                X