No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Malignaggi vs Chaves Given a Deadline of January 27th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Malignaggi vs Chaves Given a Deadline of January 27th

The World Boxing Association has set the deadline of January 27 for a mandatory fight between welterweight champion Paulie Malignaggi (32-4, 7KOs) and interim-beltholder Diego Chaves (22-0, 18KOs) of Argentina. Malignaggi captured the title in April and made a voluntary defense against Pablo Cesar Cano on October 20th. Chaves won the interim-crown in July and retained the belt on September 22nd against Jose Miranda.

[Click Here To Read More]

if hatton accepts the challenge wba will let that happen instead.

If hatton wins he will retire and chaves will fight for the vacant belt.

Comment

Let me see if I understand this correctly? The WBA has a super champion a regular champion and a interim champion and possibly even a champion in recess? So if they had three champions in recess at the same time in the same weight division, is it possible that just about all the fighters ranked in their top ten could be a champion of some sort? And I guess this doesn't even include what ever regional belts the WBA may have? And if one fighter unified all the WBA belts would he then be the unified WBA champion? How the hell can anyone keep track of this crap without going crazy?

Comment

The WBA is on a mandatory rampage. If only they did this for ALL of their beltholders ALL of the time.............

But they dont. They pick and choose and that is why it is horse sh**

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
          Let me see if I understand this correctly? The WBA has a super champion a regular champion and a interim champion and possibly even a champion in recess? So if they had three champions in recess at the same time in the same weight division, is it possible that just about all the fighters ranked in their top ten could be a champion of some sort? And I guess this doesn't even include what ever regional belts the WBA may have? And if one fighter unified all the WBA belts would he then be the unified WBA champion? How the hell can anyone keep track of this crap without going crazy?
          I have said it before and i will say it again. The WBA is the worst of them all.

Comment

if hatton is only willing to fight him if he has a belt then its pretty sad. belts mean fcuk all. right now floyd mayweather is the only champion at 147 in my eyes. the rest are contenders with belts.

Comment

Paulie looked vulnerable against Cano. I'm picking Chaves by late stoppage if it happens.

Comment

Chaves have TNT in both hands. Paulie will dead.

Comment

Originally posted by kennethjohn View Post
                  if hatton accepts the challenge wba will let that happen instead.

If hatton wins he will retire and chaves will fight for the vacant belt.
                  If he wins, I don't see Hatton retiring on a Malignaggi victory.

I would like him to retire on a Marquez bout, win or lose.

Comment

chaves is probably terrible with a padded record. i pick him to brutally dominate malignaggi because malignaggi is malignaggi. of course paulie won't even fight him in order to preserve the fake super hatton-malignaggi fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X