Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Félix Trinidad vs. Jeff Lacy: Who would have won?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Félix Trinidad vs. Jeff Lacy: Who would have won?

I remember this fight being discussed years ago but it never happened. I can't see Trinidad going to 168 and be effective, so maybe this might have been a good fight at 160. However, I'm not sure Lacy could make that weight. Maybe a catchweight might have worked but no one knows.

Anyways, let's forget about the actual weight and focus on the fight. Who wins and how? I see this being a complete no nonsense war with both fighting in the middle of the ring. I'm a big Trinidad fan but Lacy was a really strong individual so I don't know how Trinidad would fare against him. I'll add a poll but I will not even vote. Let's read some takes on this one.
    Trinidad
    76.19%
    Lacy
    23.81%

Trinidad easily.

Comment

two powerhouses going toe to toe in the middle of the ring. bombs away, explosions, mayhem, fire, pain, anguish, fear, remorse. too strong, too willed, too manly, too black.

just the very thought of such a magnanimous, EPIC match up makes my eyes water in sheer fear.

Comment

the usual fanfare "someone's 0 has got to go!" would be swapped out with "someone's end will have to bend"

Comment

Tito by KO in 5 or 6.

Comment

is this a serious question? this same Lacy that got slapped to submission by Calzaghe?

Comment

Originally posted by rocky_balboa23 View Post
              is this a serious question? this same Lacy that got slapped to submission by Calzaghe?
              The fight was mentioned as a serious possibility a few years back, so yeah, it's as serious as I can be.

Comment

Tito will beat most boxers on the same level of Jeff Lacy at 168, other than his 3 losses, only Joe Calzaghe will be able to defeat Trinidad.

Comment

Originally posted by rocky_balboa23 View Post
                  What's wrong with the question? Maybe if it was a p4p who is better, then yes. But Trinidad is a natural 147 fighter, he would have to go above 160 minimum, to fight him. Trinidad wasn't even able to phase a shot RJJ. Trinidad was a devastating puncher at the lower weights. Above 160 he is not.
                  50/50 fight, but I am leaning towards Lacy, just because I like his chances hurting Tito at this weight, more than Tito hurting Lacy.

Comment

well lets see lacy was a giant overhyped tomato can so im gonna choose him.

Comment

Working...
                    X