No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miranda's Trainer Confirms Dawson Drilled in Sparring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    After watching Dawson vs Ward, that's more believable now. What i'd like to know is what was Chad Dawson's weight while sparring Miranda.

Funny both of them got stopped in their fight. That's a fight that should happen next I guess. They have some sparring history now and they're both coming off stoppage losses. Might as well.
    Actually both QUIT....

Comment

Here comes the excuses.

Comment

Edison Miranda P4P top 10?

Comment

It really showed... Dawson looked horrible.

As was pointed out before, Scully never denied it, even though he had been asked explicitly several times.

In a couple of months nobody will remember though.

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
            Old school fighters jumped and down weight in classes. It's only in this day and age when people on messageboards start using it an excuse for everything.
            Old school fighters weren't as fine tuned as the fighters of today. Nowadays a lot of emphasis is played on dieting and specific types of training designed to maximise certain areas. It affords less room for change.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              If you get knocked out in a fight, you are not allowed to spar for a number of months let alone fight. Thats a safety measure for the boxer.

The vitness report sounds like there was indeed a real KO here.

Why oh why didnt anyone from Dawsons team stop Dawson from going ahead with the Ward fight?

Greedy bastards.
              Yeah if he tried to get up and went down again it must have been nasty. When I saw Dawson's reactions to Ward's shots I started believing those Miranda rumors. You can't get iced in sparring and be 100% in the fight, physically or mentally.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
                  Old school fighters jumped and down weight in classes. It's only in this day and age when people on messageboards start using it an excuse for everything.
                  And pitchers use to throw 200 pitches per game, now it's made a big deal when they get to 100, and their arms may get fatigued even then. Real smart post you made there like always. Back then there was so much sh-t we didn't know about, so much things about muscles, sicknesses, injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                    Yup. before the fight Dawson was saying how he would be fine at the weight and how he had enough time to drop it.

I just think Ward is that good, he's the best pound for pound fighter on the planet IMO and I'm not saying that because of emotion carried over from his win. His skills are incredible.
                    De La Hoya said he'd be fine at 147 against Pacquiao.

Comment

won't surprise me if Dawson is done at elite level now

Comment

Working...
                      X