No announcement yet.

So let's talk about Paul Williams and the Hall of Fame

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    I'm just gonna pick borderline. Taking the terrible qualifications of the boxing HOF, which is basically none. It's a popularity contest.

And DLT not all sports HOF are whack. The baseball HOF is a very strict HOF where only elites can get in. You gotta have at least 500 home runs, or 3,000 hits. As a pitcher, you need around 200+ plus wins, and closers rarely get in. It's very hard, there's certain numbers you have to put up to make it. In Boxing the standard is very low.
    Actually, alot of people do think baseball's is whack also, espically after the steroid era. Not only that but I dont think numbers tell the full story. I remember watching TV one day and a guy said something that I totally agree with. They were talking about baseball and who should make the Hall.

I forgot who the player was they were speaking of but it was a guy who had certainly HOF numbers. Maybe like Jeff Bagwell or someone like that. And the guy said its like Jeff Bagwell-Mickey Mantel? He was like, those 2 guys dont belong in the same sentence. The HOF should only be for guys like Mantel.

And trust, Im not one of those guys who hype up guys from the past and crap on guys from the present either but I do think the HOF should only be for special guys or atleast guys on the edge of special. Williams is not close to that for me

Comment

if they let gatti and corrales in they should let williams in too!

Comment

Originally posted by -TITAN- View Post
        if they let gatti and corrales in they should let williams in too!
        It's this kind of reasoning that makes the HOF ****. Anyway, Paul definitely was a good fighter, but he hasn't done nearly enough to be in the Hall.

Comment

christ

hell no

what is going on here.

and i love williams
          he's one of my favorites

Comment

Personally, I wouldn't vote for him to get in.

Comment

I feel bad for what has happened to Paul.

But HOF material? Lmfao....not even close.

Joke thread, simple as that. Like KingKenny said, he was more hype than achievement.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                Actually, alot of people do think baseball's is whack also, espically after the steroid era. Not only that but I dont think numbers tell the full story. I remember watching TV one day and a guy said something that I totally agree with. They were talking about baseball and who should make the Hall.

I forgot who the player was they were speaking of but it was a guy who had certainly HOF numbers. Maybe like Jeff Bagwell or someone like that. And the guy said its like Jeff Bagwell-Mickey Mantel? He was like, those 2 guys dont belong in the same sentence. The HOF should only be for guys like Mantel.

And trust, Im not one of those guys who hype up guys from the past and crap on guys from the present either but I do think the HOF should only be for special guys or atleast guys on the edge of special. Williams is not close to that for me
                Who said the baseball HOF is whack? Have they seen who's in the HOF?

Steroid users in baseball don't make it to the HOF.

Bonds won't make it, he's the all time Home run leader and was a great hitter and a great power hitter even before using PED's. McGwire won't make it, Manny Ramirez won't make it, Roger Clemens will likely not make it, Sammy Sosa will likely not make it, Jeff Bagwell will not make it.

The guys who have recently joined the HOF fro m2009-present, i'll name some, Ricky Henderson, Andre Dawson, Barry Larkin, Roberto Alomar is as natural as you can get.

In boxing, steroid users do make it. Shane Mosley will most likely make it in his first ballot.

Comment

Only days since his accident. Not the greatest of subjects IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by IIG View Post
                    It's this kind of reasoning that makes the HOF ****. Anyway, Paul definitely was a good fighter, but he hasn't done nearly enough to be in the Hall.
                    He wasn't done though.

That should be taken in to consideration. That's what makes him borderline to me plus his wins. 3-4 more good wins, I would have said yes.

Although I think if Cotto gets in, Williams should get in.

Comment

i know this has been said a million times before but fcuk it, im gonna say it again. If someone like Barry MceffinGuigan can make it into the HOF, then hell mutha****in yeah Pwill should get it.

In an ideal world neither would get in but they've already ruined with the likes of McGuigan getting in for being Mr.NiceGuy.

So my answer is, in an ideal world NO, but seeing some of the names already inducted they might aswell get Pwill in, not anytime soon though.

If the man believes he's gonna make it back to the ring then im backing him 100%.

Comment

Working...
                      X