No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andrade - I'd Rather Get Beat Up Than Not Fight At All

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andrade - I'd Rather Get Beat Up Than Not Fight At All

By Jake Donovan - For most, a trip to Cozumel represents the vacation of a lifetime, the ultimate getaway for the average traveler in desperate need of a break from reality.

There are no such memories for super middleweight contender Librado Andrade. His own visit to the Mexican island was strictly a business trip, though a business in which he generally gains much pleasure as there’s nothing he enjoys more than the opportunity to step between the ropes and try his damnest to beat the living hell out of whatever fighter shares the ring with him.

This business trip would end in grave disappointment. There was no pleasure to be found since he was never given the chance to beat down his scheduled opponent, Donovan George. The only business conducted last Saturday evening at Frolain Lopez Baseball Field was when Andrade was asked to clock out well before his shift was scheduled to end, since there was no work available for him.

“This was definitely a first for me,” Andrade (30-4, 22KO) said of the fight that never was. “I was in my dressing room and they told me it was raining outside. The first thing that came to mind was, ‘Cool, I never fought in the rain before. It will be an interesting experience.’ [Click Here To Read More]

andrade a true warrior.

Comment

Librado would have KOed him with a bigger ring anyways.

Im glad his brother won that night though.

Comment

wish some of the big name fighters who are all mouth had ballz like this cat

Comment

Everybody - anybody - who has seen Andrade fight Kessler must have been the fan of his. Librado is a fighter in a true meaning of the word.

Comment

just because you are stupid and easily taken advantage of doesn't mean he should be. you tried to cheat and got called out for it.

Comment

take the test?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                just because you are stupid and easily taken advantage of
                Haha judging by this right here id say Librado is a smarter dude than you

Either way sucks for Andrade man working class fighter who always gives it his all in the ring. He shouldnt go anywhere near Ward though that wouldnt be a good stylistic match up. If he fights smarter who knows he might have a shot against Bute or the winner of Stiegltz-Kessler. I think Kessler will win, and he has fallen a step back since their first meeting so who knows. Would be a fan friendly fight regardless of who he fights thats for sure.
                Last edited by Kannabis Kid; 12-20-2011, 04:57 AM.

Comment

Sucks he lost to Aaorn Pryor Jr, I was totally expecting Andrade to crush him. I hope he has success in his career, Librado is a cool as **** down to Earth guy. Not to mention he's a warrior.

Comment

Warriors like Librado don't come very often, this is is what boxing should be about, wars, you're putting your life on the line everytime you step in the ring and he brings notning but his best, man to man, balls vs. balls, too bad most of the newer generation fighters don't fight like this anymore

Sometimes seeing a warrior lose a fight while giving his blood and his heart to the sport is better than a win

Campeon

Comment

Working...
                    X