Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How far do you push your body if its sore?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronBoxer View Post
    After that, resume normal training but don't go the point of complete physical exhaustion, this will only setback your goals and tire you out quickly..
    Lol, my trainer would have stuck you with his knife if he ever heard you say that to me in the gym.............Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin' View Post
      Lol, my trainer would have stuck you with his knife if he ever heard you say that to me in the gym.............Rockin'
      Am I supposed to be scared? I'll stomp his windpipe before that happens.
      Last edited by IronBoxer; 11-29-2011, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
        The reason why I tell you this is so that you don't listen to people who tell you to ignore pain because it's usually a sign that something is wrong and you will need to make adjustments if that is the case.
        lol, it's an oxymoron. A fighter must learn to except and ignore pain. An injury is a different issue.

pain is mental, condition and you just work through it.....Rockin'

Comment

Originally posted by IronBoxer View Post
          Am I supposed to be scared? I'll stomp his windpipe before that happens.
          lol, you've obviously never met Johnny.......Rockin'

Comment

lol, it's an oxymoron. A fighter must learn to except and ignore pain. An injury is a different issue.

Try telling this to my buddy who detached his bicep tendon and walks noticeably compromised and see what he tells you about that now. It's one thing to risk chronic injury when you're earning $10 million a fight...but to disregard the obvious is just plain dumb otherwise. I'm not talking about ignoring pain when you get hit...I'm talking about ignoring inflammation and pain when you're the one doing the hitting...there is a big difference.
            Last edited by jaded; 11-29-2011, 05:49 PM.

Comment

lol, you've obviously never met Johnny.......Rockin'
              Yeah I'm going to be afraid of another troll like you.
              Try telling this to my buddy who detached his bicep tendon and walks with noticeably compromised and see what he tells you about that now. It's one thing to risk chronic injury when your earning $10 million a fight...but to disregard the obvious is just plain dumb otherwise. I'm not talking about ignoring pain when you get hit...I'm talking about ignoring inflammation and pain when you're the one doing the hitting...there is a big difference.
              You're exactly right.

Comment

If it's a strain or tear, something actually damaged, then it's best you give it a day or two and then ease into training that particular body part.

However if it is muscle pain just deal with it and try your best. Even if your performance is not up to scratch you'll feel 10x better for battling through the pain.

Comment

Try telling this to my buddy who detached his bicep tendon and walks noticeably compromised and see what he tells you about that now. It's one thing to risk chronic injury when your earning $10 million a fight...but to disregard the obvious is just plain dumb otherwise. I'm not talking about ignoring pain when you get hit...I'm talking about ignoring inflammation and pain when you're the one doing the hitting...there is a big difference.
                  you are talking about injury, I already covered that.......Rockin'

Comment

you are talking about injury, I already covered that.......Rockin'
                    I know...but when you then state at the same time that..."pain is mental, condition and you just work through it"...you also make it sound like repetitive stress injury as something which can be overcome mentally. Many people have trouble distinguishing what pain is...which is probably why the OP posted this thread...and I wanted to make it clear ignoring pain while training will at some point cause problems and needs to be addressed...not ignored.

Comment

I know...but when you then state at the same time that..."pain is mental, condition and you just work through it"...you also make it sound like repetitive stress injury as something which can be overcome mentally. Many people have trouble distinguishing what pain is...which is probably why the OP posted this thread...and I wanted to make it clear ignoring pain while training will at some point cause problems and needs to be addressed...not ignored.
                      all that I will say is that if we both had boxers that we trained and we matched them up my boy would eat your boy like the dog he would be. You would raise a fighter that would resemble a horizontal slit with flanges covered in heavy secretions, is that tuna?

it's either pain or injury.........Rockin'.

Comment

Working...
                      X