No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ricky Burns Blasts Through Injured Cook in One

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ricky Burns Blasts Through Injured Cook in One

Echo Arena, Liverpool - WBO super featherweight champion Ricky Burns (32-2, 9KOs) retained his title with a first round knockout of Nicky Cook (30-3, 16KOs). Cook, who has a history of back problems, appeared to have injured his back after being pushed back from the first landed punch after only six seconds into the first round.

[Click Here To Read More]

That was strange.

I hope Cook is ok.

Comment

Burns fighting bums why fight him when martinez ko him silly rematch martinez

Comment

Wake me up when Burns defends against somebody who belongs in a title fight. His opposition since winning the belt would make Erdei blush

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
          martinez fought bums himself in his short title reign, his best win was actually... ehmm nicky cook ffs.

stop nuthhuggin rican fighters so much jeez

martinez couldn't beat burns in their first fight, nothng would change in a rematch.

Comment

I knew this guy was going to bring up Martinez,, when I saw his name as the last poster I said to myself, "Self this guy is probably going to bring up martinez and say martinez would ko him in a rematch." So predictable

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post

Comment

Burns said postfight he was looking to fight Fana. That will be an easy unification. I reckon he needs to fight Ao and Uchiyama too, before he fights Broner.

That will be a megafight in this division. Someone needs to make the Asian fights happen though.

Comment

give martinez a rematch

Comment

How can WBO keep sanctioning these awful bouts...maybe different when burns moves up a wt...

Comment

Originally posted by DET. IRONSIDE View Post
                    Burns said postfight he was looking to fight Fana. That will be an easy unification. I reckon he needs to fight Ao and Uchiyama too, before he fights Broner.

That will be a megafight in this division. Someone needs to make the Asian fights happen though.

I like the Burns-Broner fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X