Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Orlando Salido: They Were Going To Rob Me in PR

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The scorecards weren't bad. Salido didn't dominate the early rds like 1-3 the way he did rds 5-8.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxeoBoriqua View Post
      The scorecards weren't bad. Salido didn't dominate the early rds like 1-3 the way he did rds 5-8.
      Well, Juanma didn't dominate 1-3 the way Salido did 5-8.

So there's no ****ing way that should have been scored a draw. Let alone scored for Juanma like that one judge had it.

Comment

If Juanma won 1-3 and lost 4-7
        10+10+10+9+8+10+9=66
        9+9+9+10+10+9+10=66
        I thought Juanma won rounds 1,2,3, and 7
        and Salido won 4,5,and 7 plus the knockdown.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          Well, Juanma didn't dominate 1-3 the way Salido did 5-8.

So there's no ****ing way that should have been scored a draw. Let alone scored for Juanma like that one judge had it.
          I just watched now, and Salido dominate 4,5, and 6. Cant score round 8 since it wasnt finished

Comment

Wasn't a draw to me. I had salito up. He was landing the much cleaner punches all fight.

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
              If Juanma won 1-3 and lost 4-7
              10+10+10+9+8+10+9=66
              9+9+9+10+10+9+10=66
              I thought Juanma won rounds 1,2,3, and 7
              and Salido won 4,5,and 7 plus the knockdown.
              I'm not going back to score the fight, but your scorecard seems to be in-line with my own impressions. An even fight at the time of the stoppage is fine with me. I wouldn't have a problem with Salido being up slightly, either. I would only have an issue with JuanMa being up. There was no way Lopez should've been ahead on any of the cards that fight.

Comment

Salido was putting good work in the at the start of the fight but he was not winning on the score cards. The round after the knock down Juanma outboxed him. The score cards were not a blatant score of what was happening

In the end it was a mute point cause Lopez got KOed

Comment

Originally posted by Ko King 212 View Post
                  Wasn't a draw to me. I had salito up. He was landing the much cleaner punches all fight.
                  Did you actually score the bout? I've found that when you watch a fight and actually score it, your card can contrast significantly with your general thoughts on the fight. It's one of the reasons why people mistakenly disagree with many judges. For instance, the recent Ortiz-Berto bout: Watching the fight without regard for scoring, I felt Victor was winning easily. However, when I actually scored the match, I had Ortiz up 114-112.

If a fighter barely wins a round, he gets a score of 10-9. If his opponent wins the next round, but lands much better shots, the round is still only scored 10-9 (unless he utterly dominates or scores a knockdown). It's just the way the scoring system is set-up. Judges get a lot of criticism, but they're not always wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    Did you actually score the bout? I've found that when you watch a fight and actually score it, your card can contrast significantly with your general thoughts on the fight. It's one of the reasons why people mistakenly disagree with many judges. For instance, the recent Ortiz-Berto bout: Watching the fight without regard for scoring, I felt Victor was winning easily. However, when I actually scored the match, I had Ortiz up 114-112.

If a fighter barely wins a round, he gets a score of 10-9. If his opponent wins the next round, but lands much better shots, the round is still only scored 10-9 (unless he utterly dominates or scores a knockdown). It's just the way the scoring system is set-up. Judges get a lot of criticism, but they're not always wrong.
                    Thats what most usually do. Salido won the rounds that he did much more impressively than Juanma did his but you score a fight round by round. I will have to watch it again but i think i had it even or Salido up by a point when the stoppage came.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
                      Thats what most usually do. Salido won the rounds that he did much more impressively than Juanma did his but you score a fight round by round. I will have to watch it again but i think i had it even or Salido up by a point when the stoppage came.
                      It's the reason why you so often hear "the judges were blind," or "he got robbed," etc. Like I said, I didn't score the fight (no need to), but I can definitely see how the judges could've justifiably had the fight even up until the TKO. It's important to understand how scoring works if you want to enjoy and appreciate boxing. Even many fighters don't "get it" when they lose a bout they thought they won. They don't understand scoring, either.

Comment

Working...
                      X