Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The further deterioration of Max Kellerman as a professional broadcaster...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The further deterioration of Max Kellerman as a professional broadcaster...

... caught up with the Berto-Guerrero fight, and I do sincerely worry for the next generation of HBO broadcasting. Lampley and Merchant were solid pros, but are clearly in the early grip of senility, and Keller**** isn't the one to pick up the baton.

Both boxers were fouling in there, but I saw Berto repeatedly grab Guerrero's arm, Guerrero still working with his free arm, only to be told Robert was "hitting and holding". Later, two blatant rabbit punches that even Ray Charles would see were dismissed as Guerrero getting in the way by ducking down. Berto was even aiming FFS. Can you imagine this prick if he'd been commentating for years gone by?

"And eVANder HOLYfield is trying to CHOKE mike TYSON using his EAR." Even THAT effected ENUNCIATION that he ALWAYS does REALLY gets on my ****.

His "compare the fight you're watching to an old one like a fanboy with something to prove" routine also reached an all-time low with "this FIGHT is EXACTLY like FOREMAN versus LYLE, only COMPLETELY different."

But that post-bout interview? Jesus Christ. When he got to "SAVAGE uppercuts" like a 12-year-old NSB fanboy with a Spider-Man t-shirt and an X-Box I almost ate my own shit in embarrassment. Then there was the entire subtext of the interview: "ANDRE, what's it LIKE to be SO amAZING and get FOULED all NIGHT and CAN i BLOW you?"

The guy is so biased (bias, Fat Yanks) it's beyond a joke. Still, Guerrero said he won thanks to Jesus. That's right... Jesus lets you punch people in the face all night long.

Comment

Kellerman is such a tool.

Comment

Kellerman ruined it for me after the Khan Garcia fight. TEN - NINE - EIGHT - SEVEN - SIX - FIVE - FOUR - THREE - TWO .....

Comment

Kellerman should stick to Around the horn or whatever the he'll he was doing before HBO hired him. To me when he tries to compare one of these new school fights to an old school one I feel like he just recently watched the old school fight and he feels the need to mention it. Just so that he can "proof" or "show" he knows somethin about boxing.

But yea he sucks.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

One more thing, a lot people say Jim Gray is an assh0le but he keeps his interviews real. Kellerman only keeps it real when he doesn't like the guy

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

It has always been hard for me to take him seriously because every time I hear him speak I hear "Zab Judah is Pernell Whitiker with power" now I realize Zab was New York guy and looked real impressive as a prospect but he was so far off the mark it is hard to trust any other comparisons he makes.

First impressions are hard to break and in this case very correct.

Comment

I thought I'd get ONE reply where someone would stick up for the guy.

He truly is a boggle-eyed **** knuckle, ain't he? He's such a fanboy.

Comment

i truly hate that lispy bastard...when broadcast comes on and i dont hear drunk ass Larry talkin right away, i get sad...not only because i wont hear Larry but because i have to listen to Kellerman

Comment

His incessant need for comparisons is loathsome, though unintentionally hilarious because he almost always picks fights or fighters that make for piss poor comparisons. I'll never forget when he compared Paul Williams to Tommy Hearns.

Comment

Working...
                    X