Collapse
No announcement yet.

why hasn't calzaghe moved up in weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why hasn't calzaghe moved up in weight?

Roy Jones moved up from middle, supermiddle, light heavy to heavy.
    calzaghe has stayed at supermiddle his entire career, and hasn't really gotten out of his comfort zone and tested himself, yet other great fighters all move up in weight.

Mosley, mayweather, duran, to name a few.

It would be relatively easy staying in the same division and defending your title and staying undefeated, as opposed to moving up and testing yourself.

Yeah, relatively easy ....

Comment

Marvin Hagler.

It takes a lot of dedication to be able to still make 168 after all these years, he was having trouble since the late 90's making weight, it's also hard to keep motivated after all the years spent in the division, it's not easy at all. I don't think he moved up because the right fight wasn't there and/or circumstances prevented him from doing so.
      Last edited by Silencers; 09-18-2008, 05:50 AM.

Comment

steriods .............................................

Comment

he wanted the easy way out?

i blame his former manager for making him stay in that division

Comment

Originally posted by fatmash View Post
            steriods .............................................
            Says the ***** who hates the Yanks. Must suck to be you.

Comment

It had to be hard as hell for him to keep makin 168 all that time. But he did and stayed unbeaten the whole time. And in his 1st fight at 175, he beat the champ, although closely and unimpressively. I don't like Joe C either but he never gets much cred on here.

Comment

Originally posted by bsrizpac View Post
                Says the ***** who hates the Yanks. Must suck to be you.
                lol ohhh back are you chumpstain .............. i dont hate yanks or america ............. we created the place ............ your one of britains off spring ......... the dim witted offspring of britain ............. but still lol

Comment

Bernard Hopkins?

Comment

Originally posted by fatmash View Post
                    lol ohhh back are you chumpstain .............. i dont hate yanks or america ............. we created the place ............ your one of britains off spring ......... the dim witted offspring of britain ............. but still lol
                    Um no. My ethnic origins are not british. Try again toothless wonder.

Comment

Working...
                    X