Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So showtime is showing an antonio tarver fight on may 26th but not bute-froch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So showtime is showing an antonio tarver fight on may 26th but not bute-froch?

does this make sense to anyone?

Showtime only has one fight left with bute.They dont want to lose
    him fighting froch.They want him to fight ward.

Comment

Yes it does.

You want to know why? Because when Showtime signed Bute to a 3 fight option, they didn't set him up to fight the loser of the Super Six. They want him to fight Ward. Ward got hurt/doesnt want to fight bute right away so they are saving his third fight for Bute-Ward.

If Bute-Froch is purchased by Showtime and say Ward buys Ward-Anthony Direll, Showtime doesn't have options on them anymore. This would leave for HBO to scoop in and steal that fight away.

It sucks that potentially worse fights are being made, but it makes sense for the time being.

Comment

Originally posted by -TITAN- View Post
        No, Bute vs Froch will be a good fight and a lot of people wants to see it. We know that they have different styles and it will make the fight more interresting, it might be one of the best fight this year.

Comment

Is any american network picking up froch vs bute? Somebody has to show this fight state side.

Comment

Originally posted by -TITAN- View Post

Comment

im guessing showtime will buy ward-direll too

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post

those look delicious

Comment

Bute-Froch is Bute's second straight fight against a guy coming off a loss. So he's fighting top fighters like we want him to, but the one's coming off a loss. It's like that movie with Brandon Fraizer[spelling], I think it's called Bedazzled or something. Where he meets a woman devil I think, and he gets what he asks for but there's always a catch to it. Bute is giving us what we ask for, but he's like that devil character in the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Bute-Froch is Bute's second straight fight against a guy coming off a loss. So he's fighting top fighters like we want him to, but the one's coming off a loss. It's like that movie with Brandon Fraizer[spelling], I think it's called Bedazzled or something. Where he meets a woman devil I think, and he gets what he asks for but there's always a catch to it. Bute is giving us what we ask for, but he's like that devil character in the movie.
                    it aint his fault showtime didnt invite him to participate in the super six btw bute will ko froch

Comment

Working...
                    X