Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

its sad, the best form of Miguel Cotto was only seen once.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Comment

A big problem for Cotto is that he can't fight backing up. Once he gives up that ground- like he did to Tony and Manny- then he's done. I like Cotto a lot, but if a fighter can take his power and move forward on him, he has a hard time handling it. Cotto barely beat Clottey---barely...Clottey let that fight slip away by laying off in the final rounds. Another issue is Cotto's chin...it's not exactly made of granite. Call me crazy, but I've got Margarito by KO before the 11th round.

Comment

The Alfonso Gomez fight was spectacular. That's when he knew. He possessed that aura of invincibility, thought no man could shatter him. And then came Tony..

Comment

Originally posted by | THE KING | View Post
            I get your point.. and Cotto is one of my favs.. but Marg's style is a bad matchup for Cotto. He only has two losses and one of them being controversial (Tony). The other loss is to a modern day ATG. Just because he lost to two great fighters doesn't mean that his boxing talent somehow disappeared. Once you step up in competition.. someone has to lose. Back in the day you had the greats fighting each other after brutal fights.. nowadays we try to find reasons as to why boxer A or boxer B lost a fight.
            Too bad most of the people on here cant seem to grasp this, and pretend to be wannabe certified counselors.

Comment

After the Mosley fight, I think he felt invincible. His demeanor against Gomez was cocky as hell, and his skill level in the first 6 rounds against Margarito was superb, but Margarito's pressure kicked in and that quickly went away. Hasn't been quite the same since, but hopefully he's regained that confidence and walks in beast mode on the 3rd!..I want to see the Cotto of old in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojita View Post
                Knock on me after all you but hear me out.

The best form of Cotto was the one who came fight night for the fight with Margarito.

Yes he lost but look at it during and before the fight.

Cotto was best shape hed ever been. His jabs, speed was sharpest ive seen to date. His punchrs were never looped or done wrong. Imo hed beat any WW in that year with pure ease, but i believe hed lose to Mayweather via a CLOSE ud.

Cottos stamina shouldnt be questioned, who esle can stand there and moved so much while throwing power punch after power punch while getting hit and pressured for 11 damb rounds. That Cotto beats Pacquiao no doubt and even the post Cotto would beat Clottey without that gash.

The Margarito fight ruined Cotto yes, but i believe even in a tainted loss that was Cotto was his peak skill wise, physically and mentally till he lost.

Had Cotto sustained that form Pacquiao does not get through him.
                Had TR thought Cotto was at his best in '09, they wouldn't have matched him with Pac.

At his best, Cotto was a pressure fighter.

I thought Cotto's peak came in the first half of the Mosley fight. He was timing him beautifully and Mosley felt lost in the ring with him.

The Cotto that LOST the second half of the Mosley fight is the one that fought Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojita View Post
                  Knock on me after all you but hear me out.

The best form of Cotto was the one who came fight night for the fight with Margarito.

Yes he lost but look at it during and before the fight.

Cotto was best shape hed ever been. His jabs, speed was sharpest ive seen to date. His punchrs were never looped or done wrong. Imo hed beat any WW in that year with pure ease, but i believe hed lose to Mayweather via a CLOSE ud.

Cottos stamina shouldnt be questioned, who esle can stand there and moved so much while throwing power punch after power punch while getting hit and pressured for 11 damb rounds. That Cotto beats Pacquiao no doubt and even the post Cotto would beat Clottey without that gash.

The Margarito fight ruined Cotto yes, but i believe even in a tainted loss that was Cotto was his peak skill wise, physically and mentally till he lost.

Had Cotto sustained that form Pacquiao does not get through him.
                  Paul Williams.

Comment

Working...
                  X