Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's Get To the Bottom of this: Why Don't You Want To See Ward vs GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cruisin' View Post
    he's ducking light heavyweights when he's in the same division now while calling out a middleweight

how is it even a topic

expect him to have another legal battle with his new promoter as he turns down every opponent they suggest
    This.

Make Ward Kovalev, it's a much more realistic fight.

/thread.

Comment

How is 2 vs 4 better than 2 vs 3?

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
        Much better poll. There is nothing for GGG to gain by fighting Ward.
        Nothing for Ward to gain by beating GGG either. Hes smaller, from a lower weight class. According to many Ward/Floyd/Broner groupies, GGG isn't even all that good. So why are they pressing for this fight so much when there is so many more challenges at 175 for Ward?

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
          Andre ward isn't a big enough name!!!! Just the top p4p fighter recognized as the best by everyone
          lol, gud 1

Comment

i can't speak for other people but as a boxing fan, my thoughts on this are:

i do want to see GGG vs Ward

the problem is, people who don't like GGG for .... let's just say obvious reasons, are the ones saying that if he doesn't fight Ward (a guy who's last fight was two divisions above where GGG fights at), it's a blatant duck

it's not a ****ing duck when you decide not to fight a guy two weight classes above you, otherwise we can claim Floyd ducked Golovkin, Bhop ducked Klitschko, it's ridiculous

the GGG haters actually base this "ducking" nonsense on a statement that was made a while back (the 154-168 comment by Abel Sanchez), but when GGG's team clarified the statement, the GGG haters wanna pull the 'NO NO NO, NO TAKE-BACKS' because that statement fits their race-driven agenda, rational thought goes out the window

"GGG will fight Froch or Chavez Jr at 168 but Ward at a catchweight, that's a duck!"

Which is completely absurd. Froch and Chavez Jr (prior to his KO loss) had something that the Ward fight didn't, a worth-while risk:reward factor. The reward (a very nice purse) was worth the risk of losing.

Losing to Ward brings a much smaller purse to the table, so the risk might not have been worth the reward. Remember, Ward is obviously a big 168 who fought his last fight at LHW which is, again, two divisions above GGG. The Risk:Reward has to be there, it's not something you can argue unless you wanna paint yourself as a clear hater.

Again, I want to see the fight but if it doesn't happen it isn't a duck, that's ridiculous. Who the **** is Ward? He's a great fighter, but you need more than that for a guy two divisions below you to say it's worth the risk.

Comment

I don't like either of them but I think Ward v Kovalev is a "fairer fight" then Ward vs GGG.

Ward will have a big size advantage over GGG, him and Kovalev are basically the same size however.

Basically i'm tired of so called "p4p greats" using catchweights and draining people or blowing them up or whatever. and saying "oh well im the a side so he need to come up to me" etc.

Just be a man and go fight the champ at his own weight in his backyard, if that's too big an ask then stfu and fight bums or whatever.

GGG is champion at 160 so go down to 160 if you want to fight him.

Kovalev is 175 so go up if you want to fight him

Or, stay in your own division and fight the champs in that division

it's not like Ward doesn't have a choice.

Comment

GGG is waiting for the winner of Coto canelo

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
                  Andre ward isn't a big enough name!!!! Just the top p4p fighter recognized as the best by everyone
                  a top P4P fighter yet you can ask 50 sports fans who he is, and there's a great chance all 50 have never heard of him

that tells you right there "who he is"

he's good, he's not a name

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
                    a top P4P fighter yet you can ask 50 sports fans who he is, and there's a great chance all 50 have never heard of him

that tells you right there "who he is"

he's good, he's not a name
                    I know who Andre Ward is, yet I don't even know who he is.

Comment

I'd love to see GGG knock mr. clinch out at 168 pounds. Little Ward doesn't want to fight GGG. He just wants to offer to fight GGG when GGG already has a signed contract for a middleweight championship unification fight with Lemieux. Ward used to fight decent guys many years ago. He has turned into a guy who almost never fights and when he does fight it's a cherry pick. Ring, ESPN, BOXREC and Boxing Scene all rank GGG well above Ward on the pound for pound list because he is clearly superior.

Comment

Working...
                      X