Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The all new, Mayweather/Pac Master Discussion Thread - The fight that will never be.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MindBat View Post
    Only way the fight happens now is if Manny breaks ties with Arum and goes on a winning streak while collecting title belts, moves up the ranks from #12 to #1 again, and submits to random drug testing.

Guess that makes it a no-hoper of the fighter ever happening.

No sense Floyd fighting a no-title, on the decline fighter.
    ...apart from the plain fact that he would make more money with Manny than he could than he could with any other fighter on the planet, and if as in your ****ed up opinion he is as faded and chinny and crap as you laughably claim he is, then he fits the perfect profile of a Floyd opponent.

Comment

• Manny needs to leave Arum, the fight would be made in moments e.g Cotto etc.

Comment

• ^^^ it doesn't matter anymore. Now, between mayweather vs pacquiao it's a money fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Majp View Post
          I hate how people think that because pac was knocked out by jmm that mayweather is just going to walk through him now. The reason why jmm does so well is because he fought him 4 times. 1st fight, jmm gets knocked 3 times. makes some adjustments and comes back stronger in the 2nd fight getting knocked down only once. He comes out of the 3rd fight with no knockdowns. And in the 4th fight, he not only gets a knockdown of his own but a knockout. I want mayweather to finally make this fight happen now thinking its going to be easy and get knocked out himself. Unbiasedly though, i would favor mayweather against pac. Mayweather basically does what jmm can with counter punching but better and faster which is nightmare style matchup against pac. The only way i see pac winning is by coming out aggressively from the opening bell. Mayweather tends to start off slow against people whose skills he respects(shane) while pac is usually a fast starter(hatton). If pac can apply intelligent early pressure i can see him being fast and strong enough to get the knockout but the longer the fight goes on and the more mayweather makes adjustments, the lower the chances of pac winning are. I see either a knockout win by pac in the 5-8 rounds IF he comes out aggressive but if not, which is more likely, floyd wins with a close decision.

This post has a few problems. Pac came out aggressively against Marquez after the opening bell and we all saw how it ended. Pac's aggression can be used against him as Marquez so brilliantly demonstrated. Now I know you're going to say Pac needs to use intelligent pressure but even though he used intelligent pressure in his last two fights against Marquez it wasn't enough to beat him convincingly.

Pac also hasn't gotten a knockout in several years which could mean that either his power has deminished or his speed has. If you can't KO Bradley or Marquez I highly doubt you're going to knockout the best defensive fighter in the game today. (Which is a fact by compubox)

Comment

• The odds of this fight happening is low.

Comment

• The odds against Pac ever beating Floyd were nil.

Even lower than the fight happening. Too bad some Pac fans are still in denial

Comment

• Originally posted by Lead Cenobite View Post
                The odds against Pac ever beating Floyd were nil.

Even lower than the fight happening. Too bad some Pac fans are still in denial
                Doesn't mean a thing if it never happened.

As far as Floyd-Pac, I think it's quite obvious Manny would've fought Mayweather any time in any fuckin place. He's got so much more guts and flat out balls than him (and I'm a Floyd guy). If Pac is at fault for anything, it's not speaking up for himself outside of the ring and letting Arum dictate things that set up roadblocks on his behalf. I think he was put up to it. I think he wanted it far more than Floyd, Arum/Debouf and hell maybe even Floyd's promoters Golden Boy. HOI
                Last edited by damuttz112; 12-15-2012, 10:47 PM.

Comment

• @junior

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                  ...apart from the plain fact that he would make more money with Manny than he could than he could with any other fighter on the planet, and if as in your ****ed up opinion he is as faded and chinny and crap as you laughably claim he is, then he fits the perfect profile of a Floyd opponent.
                  I'll co-sign that statement word for word

Comment

• chin for chin

JMMs chin >>>> Floyds chin

If and when Manny keeps tagging Floyds chin like JMMs, look for Manny to put floyd on his bicycle ... ala amir khan.

In a sick twist of fate ..... JMMs juices, gets a (*) KO win against Manny .... this was the only way Floyd would have considered actually TRUELY fighting Manny.

We might actually see the fight now that Floyd senses wounded prey like vulture.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBoxingBanger View Post
                      JMMs chin >>>> Floyds chin

If and when Manny keeps tagging Floyds chin like JMMs, look for Manny to put floyd on his bicycle ... ala amir khan.

In a sick twist of fate ..... JMMs juices, gets a (*) KO win against Manny .... this was the only way Floyd would have considered actually TRUELY fighting Manny.

We might actually see the fight now that Floyd senses wounded prey like vulture.
                      Floyd has never been officially knocked down but JMM has been Knocked down many times! I'm sorry but there is no way JMM has a better chin than Floyd. Also it is Manny who fights guys coming off of mediocre to poor performances. Example: Mosley, Cotto, Margarito.

As Max Kellerman said: "manny hasn't fought another fighter who still ad it since he fought Marquez and obviously the great Marquez still has it."

Comment

Working...
                      X