Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is the UFC's popularity gonna SkyRocket to mainstream or remain as is??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is the UFC's popularity gonna SkyRocket to mainstream or remain as is??

New interview with UFC president Dana White where he talks about the UFC's goals for the coming years, international expansion and more. What I found most interesting is his comments on the FOX deal - saying it's crazy how many people don't know about it. I find that rather alarming if he still has to tell people he's on one of the biggest sports networks in the country.

On People Not Knowing About The FOX Deal
    How many people that I still talk to on Twitter that have no idea we are on FOX, FX or FUEL…it’s crazy man, it’s crazy.

On The Development Of Programming In The Coming Years
    In the next five years I will have this **** so dialed in that we will be coasting, coasting.

http://www.fightcove.com/video-ufc-p...avelling-more/

u know ive heard alot from this about mainstream this and that but i feel that ship has loooong sailed, kimbo's records pathetically still stands and everyone has known about the UFC for years i just dont think it'll catch on even if the next event does good which im hoping it does, theyve known about it for so long and and Nobody cares.. i think it'll just be for us who make the effort to get into it and thats pretty much it..

Brock gave it some attention but i think thats kinda it

the ultimate fighter live has the worst ratings in the shows history and the last 10 ufc events have been the lowest ufc 41

Comment

The goal for the ufc isn't to just be a massive ratings draw. Its just not a realistic projection for them.

Their goal with the network deals is to keep reaching new markets. You have to keep in mind that not only is mma still barely a 20yr old sport, but that it is still banned in several states for being too violent. So by putting fights on national tv they hope that those states cave in from all the potential revenue that could be brought in by sanctioning mma bouts in their state.

Comment

Originally posted by TR vs. GB View Post
        the ultimate fighter live has the worst ratings in the shows history and the last 10 ufc events have been the lowest ufc 41
        seriously? well i could understand the tuf series lowering, due to the fact that it's on a friday night. do you know when it use to be on before? i swear it was during the weekday (not friday).

with the ufc hosting more cards in different countries as well plans on creating the tuf series in different countries as well, i can pretty much bet it'll be bigger. dana white has big plans for his organization.

Comment

It may slightly increase or decrease in popularity, but I'd be very surprised if there was a major change in fanbase, at least in America. Maybe it can become bigger in other countries.

Comment

I think it has reached it's peak with someone like Dana at the helm.

Comment

Originally posted by TR vs. GB View Post
              I agree, American MMA has peaked and actually decreasing.

UFC has reached its best in the brock era and now trying to desperately hold on. Why do you think Dana and UFC is trying so hard to stop people streaming their stuff?

TUF and UFC events has far lower viewerships and no one really talks about it now, apart from zombies. Theres no interesting fights in the horizon either. People are starting to wake up that the hype with some of these fighters are not living up.

Comment

Originally posted by monaroCountry View Post
                Theres no interesting fights in the horizon either.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
                  JDS versus some RANDOM UFC BUMS

Comment

tuf was on wed on ****e

Comment

Working...
                    X