Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prime Chauncey Billups vs Prime Steve Nash. Who is your weapon of choice ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
    I'm hoping he decides to jump ship to LA in the near future. Nash and Kobe on the same team?

Instant orgasm.
    You are a Lakers Fan?!?

My faith in humanity has just dropped......

Comment

I like Chauncey a bunch...even before he was famous....but Nash easily...dude is a joy to watch

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
        If anyone has proven that all "offense/no defense" can't win championships, its Nash and the Suns.

Trying to outscore the other team just does not work.

lol, you don't get what I am saying then.

At the end of the day, 108 still beats 98 on the scoreboard. Points win championships.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
          Did the Pistons not have more points on the board than the Lakers?

Thank you. My point stands.
          The Pistons really didn't score many points during their era of Eastern Conference dominance. Nash is pretty overrated if you ask me. Look what Lin is doing in the same system. Billiups actually plays defense, a better court general, and plays stronger(Billiups plays aggressive). Nash is the exact definition of a system player.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
            You are a Lakers Fan?!?

My faith in humanity has just dropped......
            Nope, I hate the Lakers.

I've just done a 180 on Kobe : Dude is the truth, and there's no point in even attempting to deny it anymore.

Plus I'm a huge Nash homer, he's my favorite active player, and I think he'd have the best chance at getting a ring with Kobe and Co.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
              The thread and poll is insulting to Steve Nash.

People need to stop thinking that championships are the absolute be all and end all when evaluating players. This is an American thing and often its just straight up wrong.
              When comparing similar skilled players a ring will give the edge over the one. Of course when the talent is so much greater, a ring doesn't matter. It be like trying to say Billups is better than Stockton, which obviously isn't the case. In the comparison of Billups and Nash though it does help Billups. Not to mention that Billups is just the overall better player. Nash shouldn't of won a single MVP.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                The Pistons really didn't score many points during their era of Eastern Conference dominance. Nash is pretty overrated if you ask me. Look what Lin is doing in the same system. Billiups actually plays defense, a better court general, and plays stronger(Billiups plays aggressive). Nash is the exact definition of a system player.

Yeah but what I mean is whoever has the most points will win championships. Whether that is done by blitzkrieg or trench warfare, doesn't matter. Points win championships.

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
                  This here.

Two MVPs in a row? Really? Thats a bit much.

Don't get me wrong, Nash is great and I'm a big fan, but the question was who I'd pick to run a team. The goal is to win a championship and Nash's run and gun style just doesn't work in the slow half court pace of the playoffs.

Green K for the Mallrats avi, btw.

Comment

Originally posted by [ DUBBZZ ] View Post
                    This here.

Two MVPs in a row? Really? Thats a bit much.

Don't get me wrong, Nash is great and I'm a big fan, but the question was who I'd pick to run a team. The goal is to win a championship and Nash's run and gun style just doesn't work in the slow half court pace of the playoffs.

Green K for the Mallrats avi, btw.

lol, if he came to the lakeshow this year and we go on to win the title. Would you change that stance?

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                      Yeah but what I mean is whoever has the most points will win championships. Whether that is done by blitzkrieg or trench warfare, doesn't matter. Points win championships.
                      Well Nash scores a lot, so when is he going to win one? His style is all wrong, I would never want a player like him on my team. It's like boxing. Do you want the guy that has no defense, a complete slugger or do you want the boxer puncher? In most cases you want the boxer puncher. Maybe Nash catches on to a team that has big men that can bail him out on the defensive side but till then his style surely won't win him a championship.

Billups was a great Piston. The way he played the leadership role was worth more than Nashs 10 dimes a games. Not to mention his strong defense allowed Ben Wallace to drift a bit more and get favorable matchups on the defensive side and get a lot of blocks and easy boards. He's one of the main reasons Wallace won a **** load of DPOY's. Also a big reason they won a championship.

Comment

Working...
                      X