No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury, Barry McGuigan Clash in Heated War of Words

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
    I can't find the original video but someone helpfully put a new one with the 'controversial' words about zionists shown as a transcription https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLH29M1Isvk

By today's politically correct standards this counts as racism because if you even point out a different color or race in anything other than a complimentary comment then someone somewhere will be gunning for you.

Basically Fury is saying that Jewish people and their non Jewish but Zionist supporters are brainwashing the general population by slanting the news presented to the general population. He is accusing a certain group of people of doing something (brainwashing) to another group of people.

Lets make a comparative point. Lets say that a white person accuses black activists of stirring up race hatred. [this of course has happened many times in the US]. Is that white person being racist for making an accusation.

Lets say a black boxer comes out and says that white police commissioners are ordering police officers on the street to target black youths on the street. Is that black boxer being racist?

It is important that there is an element of truth or perceived truth in the accusations, otherwise they can be deemed racist. For example if you say 99% of muggings are carried out by black people you better have your stats to back up your statement or you will be dismissed as an out and out racist. Or if you say that the holocaust never happened, as some people do, then you are rightfully accused of anti-semitism (until you can back up your statement).

So are the main newspapers in the UK owned by Jewish families or owners sympathetic to the Zionist cause? And can it be proven that they are slanting the news?
    That is not comparative.

Comment

I can't find the original video but someone helpfully put a new one with the 'controversial' words about zionists shown as a transcription https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLH29M1Isvk

By today's politically correct standards this counts as racism because if you even point out a different color or race in anything other than a complimentary comment then someone somewhere will be gunning for you.

Basically Fury is saying that Jewish people and their non Jewish but Zionist supporters are brainwashing the general population by slanting the news presented to the general population. He is accusing a certain group of people of doing something (brainwashing) to another group of people.

Lets make a comparative point. Lets say that a white person accuses black activists of stirring up race hatred. [this of course has happened many times in the US]. Is that white person being racist for making an accusation.

Lets say a black boxer comes out and says that white police commissioners are ordering police officers on the street to target black youths on the street. Is that black boxer being racist?

It is important that there is an element of truth or perceived truth in the accusations, otherwise they can be deemed racist. For example if you say 99% of muggings are carried out by black people you better have your stats to back up your statement or you will be dismissed as an out and out racist. Or if you say that the holocaust never happened, as some people do, then you are rightfully accused of anti-semitism (until you can back up your statement).

So are the main newspapers in the UK owned by Jewish families or owners sympathetic to the Zionist cause? And can it be proven that they are slanting the news?
      If person a can point the finger at person b and substantiate what they say with cold hard facts rather than petulant nonsense then no, i would say the accusation is not likely to be racially motivated.

Fury doesn't deserve the consideration. This is inciting hatred which isn't covered by any kind of free speech legislation on any continent.

Rupert Murdoch controls the news in this country. He's not Jewish.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        That is not comparative.
        My broad interpretation "He (Fury) is accusing a certain group of people (the Jewish people and Zionists who control the press) of doing something (brainwashing) to another group of people (British population - maybe even World population)

My example "a white person (analogous to Fury) accuses black activists (analogous to Jewish Zionists who control the press) of stirring up race hatred (analogous to brainwashing)"

How is this not comparative? Its the same structure.

Dictionary ... analogy ... "a comparison between two things, typically on the basis of their structure and for the purpose of explanation or clarification"

Comment

Tyson Fury keepin it ������. Errything he be saying be true.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Rodge View Post

As Fury said "Jewish Zionist people" - you dont have to be Jewish to stand up for Zionism".

An article by the Algemeiner Journal is a New York-based newspaper, covering American and international Jewish and Israel-related news, wrote

One would be hard pressed to find a non-Jew who has been honored by more Jewish organizations than Rupert Murdoch. (Yes, much to the chagrin of the proponents of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, he is not Jewish.) In 2006, he was awarded the Simon Wiesenthal Center’s Humanitarian Laureate Award. In 2009 he opened his acceptance speech for an American Jewish Committee award by saying, “over the years, some of my wildest critics seem to have assumed I am Jewish. At the same time, some of my closest friends wish I were."

Draw your own conclusions about whether Rupert Murdoch is Zionist supporter. He has also tweeted criticism of Jewish owned newspapers in the US not being sufficiently pro-Israel.

So in all senses, Fury, although he didn't substantiate his allegations can hardly be accused of petulant nonsense when only a cursory Google search can throw up much information where Murdoch himself admits that a) he is pro-Israel and b) he seems to want the press to slant in favor of Jewish and Zionist matters.

As an aside, Fury's comments in no way incite any hatred in me against the Jewish people. They are mild in comparison to what Trump has said in the last few months.

Comment

As Fury said "Jewish Zionist people" - you dont have to be Jewish to stand up for Zionism".

An article by the Algemeiner Journal is a New York-based newspaper, covering American and international Jewish and Israel-related news, wrote

One would be hard pressed to find a non-Jew who has been honored by more Jewish organizations than Rupert Murdoch. (Yes, much to the chagrin of the proponents of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, he is not Jewish.) In 2006, he was awarded the Simon Wiesenthal Center’s Humanitarian Laureate Award. In 2009 he opened his acceptance speech for an American Jewish Committee award by saying, “over the years, some of my wildest critics seem to have assumed I am Jewish. At the same time, some of my closest friends wish I were."

Draw your own conclusions about whether Rupert Murdoch is Zionist supporter. He has also tweeted criticism of Jewish owned newspapers in the US not being sufficiently pro-Israel.

So in all senses, Fury, although he didn't substantiate his allegations can hardly be accused of petulant nonsense when only a cursory Google search can throw up much information where Murdoch himself admits that a) he is pro-Israel and b) he seems to want the press to slant in favor of Jewish and Zionist matters.

As an aside, Fury's comments in no way incite any hatred in me against the Jewish people. They are mild in comparison to what Trump has said in the last few months.
              Using Hitler's argument is no argument at all. Fury is bringing up "the Jewish question" which is as futile as you could possibly get.

Why don't we have a PPV pogrom?

Comment

Using Hitler's argument is no argument at all. Fury is bringing up "the Jewish question" which is as futile as you could possibly get.

Why don't we have a PPV pogrom?
                As far as I'm aware Fury never mentioned Hitler. Just because you are against majority ownership of the press and by extension distorted presentation of the news does not mean you are in favor of Hitler's actions. 2 different things and you or they can't infer that Fury has the same feelings towards Jews as Hitler just because there is an overlap regards seeing Jews being "too powerful" in the business world, or in Fury's case the media.

I share a similar thought as Trump, namely that the US borders are not secure against Muslim terrorists. That doesn't mean I agree with his solution to ban all muslims from entering the USA.

Fury's real issue is not the Jews or any particular other group. His main points in all his outbursts is to be controversial for publicity and then defend it by citing right to freedom of expression. He has crossed the boundary in some instances but I'm with him when it comes to freedom of expression and thinking independently.

Comment

As far as I'm aware Fury never mentioned Hitler. Just because you are against majority ownership of the press and by extension distorted presentation of the news does not mean you are in favor of Hitler's actions. 2 different things and you or they can't infer that Fury has the same feelings towards Jews as Hitler just because there is an overlap regards seeing Jews being "too powerful" in the business world, or in Fury's case the media.

I share a similar thought as Trump, namely that the US borders are not secure against Muslim terrorists. That doesn't mean I agree with his solution to ban all muslims from entering the USA.

Fury's real issue is not the Jews or any particular other group. His main points in all his outbursts is to be controversial for publicity and then defend it by citing right to freedom of expression. He has crossed the boundary in some instances but I'm with him when it comes to freedom of expression and thinking independently.
                  Inciting hatred towards other people isn't freedom of speech, man.

I don't agree with them but you do make a number of interesting points. That is far more than Fury's managed with his incoherent rants, however.

If there was even a quantum of substance to this bilge he pedals, i'd be more prepared to here him out.

As it stands he's just slandering Jews to further his agenda which is what Hitler did. Furthermore, what is it exactly the Prophet Fury intends to do with all the infernal Jews making his life an apparent misery?

He and his kind have solution for that.

Comment

Murdoch is a Christian Zionist.. he stepped down last year. He's age 85 now and becoming senile.
                    Last edited by Æthelstan; 05-15-2016, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Rupert Murdoch is aware of "the Jewish owned press."

Comment

Working...
                      X