No announcement yet.

HeadAche from sparring taller opponents

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HeadAche from sparring taller opponents

A few days ago i was sparring with my three partners who are training to get into boxing we have this fun sparring rule where who ever wins goes on but after you win twice u must get out to relax at least 1 round, and its 1 round and the round is 2 minutes , anyway i boxed a taller opponents but he was hitting the back of my head and top at times and man did it hurt right after i went home and had the worst headache the next day it got better far better it really only hurts when i bent down or look down, also as im typing its a minor pain but i tried shadow boxing and it hurts my head so anyway i would like to know if anyone has any tips for this , and aswell as any tips againts taller fighters then me

I don't want to bother fighting a taller fighter unless it's in my weight division or I'm really pissed off to ignore the annoyance of fighting against a taller fighter. I suggest you go see a doctor. The back of the head is dangerous, or so I am told. I like to walk in a diagonal line or circle around a taller fighter to step in beside his punch instead of weaving followed by a step in.

Comment

Check in with a doctor ASAP. And don't spar until you get the Go from the doc. Don't pass it off as a general headache and continue sparring.

Comment

Quit giving him the back of your head to hit and your problem is solved. Meaning quit looking at the canvas when you are ducking. Get under with your legs, not your back so much.
        Last edited by Rockin'; 09-16-2015, 11:08 PM.

Comment

thanks i felt a burn after every hit i havnt trained since monday the headache is gone but if i move my head quickly from left to right i feel pain on the side as if something is hitting i'll wait another week or so and if not i'll go get checked out

Comment

Working...
          X