No announcement yet.

GGG to Ward: "You are a dead man to me!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
    Wrong hater. Lampley didn't have to read Ward's call-out to Golovkin at the Rubio fight. Max didn't have to ask Golovkin about Ward after the Monroe fight. They've discussed this as super fight numerous times.

The only person holding this fight back is Andre Ward with his self-imposed contract sit-out & ridiculous purse/opponent demands.
    What about the time Lampley said GGG/Ward isn't a fight fans really want to see or would be compelling? what about after the Canelo fight with them saying GGG/Canelo would be the next super fight.

You need to take everything into account, not just the one time where it fits your argument.

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    HBO protecting GGG from Ward? That's hilarious!

Ward was HBO's star name when GGG was nobody, or so they thought. But they kicked Andre out the door because he refused to fight anbody but cans.

And is GGG ever going to have a better chance of beating Ward than he has right now, when Andre has been inactive for 18 months?
    Why is it hilarious? If you are HBO, would you put the guy you've been marketing and giving a huge push in with a fighter many believe to be the 2nd best boxer in the world?

I agree that now is the best time for GGG to beat Ward, which is why I posted I hope the back and forth leads to them fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyMayFan View Post
      Hmmm ggg playing the "your not popular enough" card. Ggg fans where yall at doe?
      GGG is exposing Ward as a liar. Ward telling everyone that he'd fight GGG can now be filed side by side with the other lies Ward has told such as him no longer working with BALCO chief Conte and him not getting any offers from Kessler or Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by Humean View Post
        You must know that none of this is true. Ward-GGG would likely have happened by now, and with Ward as the A-side, if Ward hadn't gone through the ridiculous nonsense of trying to get out of his promotional contract and therefore making himself inactive. If HBO are now pushing more for Ward-Kov rather than Ward-GGG, which may or may not be true, then it is likely because Ward may now be a light-heavyweight.
        Humean, I watched Lampley downplay the idea of a ward/ggg fight before ward had his contract squabbles, with Ward standing right next to him. I am not making that up.

As for ward/kov or GGG/ward which do you really think HBO is more interested in making? Its more advantageous for HBO to have Kov beat Ward now, eliminating the need for a GGG/Ward fight-the one fight where GGG would not be the favorite going in.

Which guy would HBO rather see lose-Kov, GGG or Ward? I'm guessing Ward, given he commands the highest purse and garners the lowest ratings.
        Last edited by The Big Dunn; 06-18-2015, 09:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          GGG is exposing Ward as a liar. Ward telling everyone that he'd fight GGG can now be filed side by side with the other lies Ward has told such as him no longer working with BALCO chief Conte and him not getting any offers from Kessler or Froch.
          Ward has been exposed as a liar on so many different occasions. He really has become one of the most contemptible figures in boxing.

Comment

why is it wrong for GGG to stay at his division? GGG who wantis to fight the other champions, but it isn't for ward, who already did this. ward, who is fighting his next fight at a cw of 172 lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Humean, I watched Lampley downplay the idea of a ward/ggg fight before ward had his contract squabbles, with Ward standing right next to him. I am not making that up.

As for ward/kov or GGG/ward which do you really think HBO is more interested in making? Its more advantageous for HBO to have Kov beat Ward now, eliminating the need for a GGG/Ward fight-the one fight where GGG would not be the favorite going in.

Which guy would HBO rather see lose-Kov, GGG or Ward? I'm guessing Ward, given he commands the highest purse and garners the lowest ratings.
              HBO used to be in the Andre Ward business, things have changed.

HBO are not protecting Golovkin, that is just so ridiculous. Why would HBO think Golovkin would lose to Ward? Golovkin-Ward is one of the few potential PPV fights HBO could put on with Golovkin. Ward just needed to, and still needs to, put in the work to build towards it.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                In Russian, Golovkin said: "as a man, you are dead to me"... Which stresses just another nuance...

Comment

Originally posted by Humean View Post
                  HBO used to be in the Andre Ward business, things have changed.

HBO are not protecting Golovkin, that is just so ridiculous. Why would HBO think Golovkin would lose to Ward? Golovkin-Ward is one of the few potential PPV fights HBO could put on with Golovkin. Ward just needed to, and still needs to, put in the work to build towards it.
                  Yes, they were.

Because Ward is a proven talent that is skilled, bigger than GGG, with longer reach. He has fought and defeated much better men than GGG has. He would likely be the favorite going in, whereas Kov would be favored against Ward.

Ward is high risk, low reward. He doesn't garner the ratings or is known enough that would make people buy this fight on PPV. Cotto, Canelo, and maybe Froch are the possible PPV fights for GGG.

Ward doesn't have the talent available to face to build himself up into a PPV attraction IMO. Besides, it takes a lot more to be a PPV attraction to casual fans than just wins.

Its the same thing as approving certain opponents and not others-so that GGG gets KO wins on TV.

Why are you acting like this is something that can't possibly be happening when, again, you saw Lampley downplay this fight on TV numerous times?

Comment

Dunn in here dropping knowledge...I see you bro

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      Yes, they were.

Because Ward is a proven talent that is skilled, bigger than GGG, with longer reach. He has fought and defeated much better men than GGG has. He would likely be the favorite going in, whereas Kov would be favored against Ward.

Ward is high risk, low reward. He doesn't garner the ratings or is known enough that would make people buy this fight on PPV. Cotto, Canelo, and maybe Froch are the possible PPV fights for GGG.

Ward doesn't have the talent available to face to build himself up into a PPV attraction IMO. Besides, it takes a lot more to be a PPV attraction to casual fans than just wins.

Its the same thing as approving certain opponents and not others-so that GGG gets KO wins on TV.

Why are you acting like this is something that can't possibly be happening when, again, you saw Lampley downplay this fight on TV numerous times?
                      Contrary to a lot of Ward's critics his ratings were pretty good on HBO, he doesn't put many bums on seats but he did do solid ratings. There is no reason why Ward-GGG couldn't be made into an HBO PPV fight if only Ward would actually fight. It is not as such about Ward being a PPV star, I agree that that is very unlikely, but rather that this particular fight would be PPV. I certainly don't see Ward-Kov being anymore a PPV fight than Ward-GGG.

I don't think the odds would favour Kov against Ward but not GGG against Ward, whatever the odds of either fight would be they would be pretty close.

Froch-Golovkin is a Sky PPV fight, but not an HBO PPV fight.

You honestly think HBO are turning down better opponents for Golovkin in order to safeguard his record? You really have that low an opinion on how good Golovkin is to think that is happening?

I think HBO want Golovkin in a PPV fight and building towards a potential Golovkin-Ward fight makes a lot of sense. Now it is possible they are thinking more about Ward-Kovalev but that is simply because Ward could be moving permanently to 175, i mean this Smith fight is at 172 for a reason and that reason is certainly not to weaken the mighty Paul Smith.

Comment

Working...
                      X