No announcement yet.

Prospects You Were Hyped On That Were A Bust

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    I literally thought Jorge Linares was going to be one of the best fighters of this era.
    I know it's just Rocky Juarez, but that night, I though he showed just what he was going to be able to do in this sport. Never been the same since the DeMarco fight.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
      Jorge Linares, Thomas Dulorme (not a given that he's done yet though), Fernando Guerrero.
      Those are basically my 3 as well.

Linares has very good offensive skills, but he may be finished.

Thomas Dulorme had a promising future, but he was brought up too fast. There was no way he was ready for a dangerous like Abregu.

Fernando Guerrero is completely finished, I can't see him ever winning a title. He has absolutely no chin. Probably the worst chin in the sport. I think Ishe Smith dropped him as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
        Those are basically my 3 as well.

Linares has very good offensive skills, but he may be finished.

Thomas Dulorme had a promising future, but he was brought up too fast. There was no way he was ready for a dangerous like Abregu.

Fernando Guerrero is completely finished, I can't see him ever winning a title. He has absolutely no chin. Probably the worst chin in the sport. I think Ishe Smith dropped him as well.
        Linares is done. His loss to Sergio Thompson was the nail in the coffin for me. Dulorme, we don't know yet. Guerrero is 100% DONE. But damn, I thought he was going to be good when he was coming up.

Comment

Verquan Kimbrough, he was another Pittsburgh fighter who was pretty good, kinda fell off the face of the earth I think he won the GG nationals or was runner up years ago then he smashed some cans apart for a while though.

Also man Audley Harrison, he achieved a bit honestly and he can be proud and all that, but the guy looked like something special and I loved that he stayed amateur to get that olympic gold. Wish he would have been all I thought.

Comment

Bruce Seldon. Dude was built like a tank, but was more like ...

Comment

Linares was a 2 division champ before he got his first loss, hardly a prospect.

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
              Same jere. Although I'm not gonna call him a bust yet but I really didn't know his chin was that weak, or so it appears. I was about ready to crown him king of 175.

Still I have some hope for the black russian
              Man I thought he was gonna dominate the division for a long time. I don't think it's as much a chin issue as it is a defense and ringsmarts issue. Everybody gets hurt but most fighters clinch immediately or take a knee instead of laying on the ropes and letting their opponent pummel them.

With better upper body movement and better surviving tactics, he could come back and still be something special.
              Last edited by Light_Speed; 05-14-2013, 03:21 AM.

Comment

Kevin Mitchell................

Comment

i still have hope for victor ortiz

Comment

Two off my favourite prospects have went down in the last month Angelo Santana and Jack Culcay still not writing off either a loss can sometimes improve a fighter if they have the right mentality

Comment

Kermit cintron and Thomas dulorme

Comment

Working...
                      X