No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Uchiyama vs Vasquez Defense Being Discussed For May

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Uchiyama vs Vasquez Defense Being Discussed For May

Undefeated Costa Rican boxer Bryan 'Tiquito' Vasquez (28-0, 14KOs) will challenge World Boxing Association (WBA) super featherweight champion Takashi Uchiyama (18-0, 15KOs) in the month of May in Japan, according to Vasquez and members of his team. Vasquez earned his shot with a recent unanimous decision win over Nicaraguan Santos Benavides in a WBA eliminator on November 3rd. Takashi defended the title on Saturday night and knocked out Mexico's Jorge Solis in the eleventh round.

[Click Here To Read More]

On paper this doesn't look bad. 2 undefeateds going at each other... I haven't seen Vasquez fight, but I'm going to see what I can find on him.

Comment

Just found this video of Vasquez.
      http://boxingchannel.tv/bryan-vasque...im-world-title

He's definitely not beating Uchiyama if he thinks that he can just fight him with his hands down. He appears to have extremely leaky defense, leaves his chin out when he throws combos, and doesn't even both to put up his hands against the ropes. Not a good thing to do against Uchiyama who will just hand his right hand at will.

Comment

^^^
        Good find on the vid.
        I'll watch it when I have time, but I'll be looking out for what you wrote.

Comment

Working...
        X